• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

calithe1

calithe1
May 7th, 2009 at 12:57 am

I have for myself have a TA-088v3 PSP 2000,

I have tried everything anothing was working,
saw these post from ^calithe1 ^. Followed their instruction and it work the 1st time.

1) Turn on PSP
2) Go in suspend mode
3) Come back from suspend
4) Go to Photos
5) Open Memory Card
6) Wait without scrolling.

that is what i write 1 line above his forum answer litle bit nasty that some other people take the honor that is how the psp world the last time works dammm nasty

dubmonkey

not workin' for me... i've tried all the solutions from these forums and from psp3000 hacks, nothing works. my 3000 freezes and reboots normally. the funny thing is that version 1 of chickHEN loaded fine for me, but like everyone else, froze when trying to load a homebrew. i've got the whole chickHEN folder in photos, tried resetting to default settings, erasing the browser history, soft/hard resets, the works. maybe it's cause i have a japanese final fantasy 20th aniv. ed. psp3000? i even changed the languages... aie ya, i'm ready to give up (>_<) any [new] ideas?

running: psp3000 final fantasy 20th aniv. edition, OFW 5.03

calithe1

calithe1
updated 1 from the person who found this solution
1) Turn on PSP
2) Go in suspend mode
4) Go to Photos
5) Open Memory Card
6) open Chickhen map without scrollingand when al pictures are loaded the exploit of davee wil start .

przemekk121

"1) Turn on PSP
2) Go in suspend mode
4) Go to Photos
5) Open Memory Card
6) Wait without scrolling."

This don't work for my...TA-088v3 PSP 2004,

pezevenk

First off all, thank you to everybody who has put effort into this project. Lots of people were waiting for this.
Secondly, do we need to install any emulators to run homebrews or just the HEN will be enough on psp 3k? e.g to run super mario do I need to have nintendo emulator?

Thank you in advance for answering the question.

calithe1

the hen is inoff some nice emulators are working i find it out now i am busy with that

dammm this exploit is easy that is too much
this is inoff i love this exploit
1) Turn on PSP
2) Go to Photos
3) Open Memory Card
4) open Chickhen map without scrolling and when al pictures are loaded the exploit of davee wil start .

dgen works
NesterJ works
DaedalusX64 Beta 2 don.t works

dubmonkey

in my previous post i forgot to say thank you to davee and the team for all your work... ありがとうございます! thank you very much!!
however, as i said, this is not working for me anymore, onve the first version loaded. and, continual spamming the same "solution" isn't much help either. i've been trying calithe1's method over and over and it simply isn't working. apparently spamming it does tho. no offense calithe1, but i heard (er... read) your post already, i was hoping for a fresh idea as to why it isn't loading

ramp3

Tried all methods on my PSP 3K and none works.
Sometimes it makes the noise and just shuts down.

Thanks again for all the work and good luck in future patches.

jdripper31

I have Psp 2004 ofw 4.01,mobo ta088v3,updated to ofw 5.03 ,install ChickHen-R2,Now I am enable play homebrew game ,Thanks Davee and other for your hardworks.

Tyseah

That's great Davee! At first, when i put the folder into PSP/PHOTO, it didn't work! But then I just put the slim.tiff at the root of PSP/PHOTO and it worked!

You're amazing Davee! *_*