• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

calithe1

calithe1 updated 1

1) Turn on PSP
2) Go to Photos
3) Open Memory Card
4) open Chickhen map without scrolling and when al pictures are loaded the exploit of davee wil start .

ps : only the hen exploits in the ms:0PSPPHOTO

no other photo's in the map only hen exploit
map in the map photo and the exploit will sure start on a TA-088v3 PSP 2000,

I tried it so much times evry first time its load i try to puth a video on youtube today with my solution sorry for my crappy english thx typhoon team greatings from calithe 1

molacules

"dubmonkey
May 7th, 2009 at 1:44 am

in my previous post i forgot to say thank you to davee and the team for all your work... ??????????! thank you very much!!
however, as i said, this is not working for me anymore, onve the first version loaded. and, continual spamming the same "solution" isn't much help either. i've been trying calithe1's method over and over and it simply isn't working. apparently spamming it does tho. no offense calithe1, but i heard (er... read) your post already, i was hoping for a fresh idea as to why it isn't loading."

Same problem as you.

"ramp3
May 7th, 2009 at 9:41 am

Switched Magic Gate Mark 2 MS for and older "mk1" and it works fine now. Go figure."

My mem. card is magic gate mark 2.
Is this the problem of all who can't load this hen?

cheeze6661

i upgraded from 5.00m33-6( on my GOW 2001 ta088v2 psp ) so i can do HEN testing. ive tested apps and emulation. GeMP(GBC emu) does not work nor does 1.50 emulation or homebrew. but 4 those who didnt want 2 mess w/ pandora battery and mem stick, ur in luck! Hellcats flash recovery V1.50 works!! (DONT USE ON 3K or ta088v3 motherboard!!!! IT WILL BRICK!!!!) ne way i used hellcat flash recoveryV1.50 w/ 5.00.PBP(MUST HAVE AN UPDATE FILE) on this HEN and flashed back 2 5.00m33-4. im not responsible if u brick ur psp. i just wanted 2 test installin cfw w/o a pandora battery.

pezevenk

Pjansen
May 7th, 2009 at 6:45 am

Just reset ur psp to the fabric settings , it will work 100% then :)

This works. I had the same problem but now everything is fine.

beursmile

Hi,
I've tried everything but my PSP 3006 just freezze and shutdown. And sometimes, "memory system is low" is on my PSP's screen, what shuold i do. Please, i need some help.

dubmonkey

molacules-
i'm using a SanDisk MSPro Duo, 2GB MagicGate... dunno if it's the problem, since it's the only MS i have... still nothing though, placed the entire folder in photo, just the chickHEN folder's contents, just the .TIFF file, tried the .TIFF file in MS_ROOT, restored factory settings (even set the language to japanese)... nothing... but still, props to davee for getting some people the homebrew experience

oh yeah, and if it works for you, donate to davee. even if it didn't, donate! donate, donate, donate! freeware developers need money more than big corporate developers!!! O(^_^)O

and to those asking for a ISO version, STOP IT! DAVEE ALREADY WENT INTO THAT AND NO! PIRACY IS BAD, GET A JOB AND BUY THE GAME (or steal some money from mommy and daddy, but not from the people who gave you the game for you to get the ISO from, otherwise they won't make the games anymore, and you won't have any new ISO's to pirate because the developers decided piracy killed their industry... you may think that's unlikely, but then again it is unlikely that terrorists with boxcutters could take over an airplane, and look where things are now... er... sorry... apologies, peeps)

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM EST ----------

sooo... just a thought... if the .tiff file is basically creating the eggsploit file, why can't we just throw that into the .rar file and unrar it to MS_ROOT? maybe that was covered in a different thread (or the faq...)

zillionth try... relocating the .tiff file back to /PSP/PHOTO with everything else in the chickHEN folder, and coldstarting with the UMD door open, with default settings... then trying new combinations with the door open

fingers crossed... O(>_<)O

ramp3

I found a solution that worked for me. Format a mk1 MS, put the ChickHEN alone, boot it succefuly, switch for another MS with your homebrew. Could run gba and n64 emus allright.
ChickHEN on formated mk2 memory card didn't work for me either.

dubmonkey

i'm back with the solution
try this out if your psp turns off or you have other problems it's a programm which sets the hen up:PSP - Homebrew Applications - Easy Installers - eXophase.com Downloads
it worked for me :cool:

hmm... didn't recognize that my PSP was plugged in... perhaps WINE is just crap? OMG is it just not working for me because i'm a linux user?!? perhaps vBox will work... (anyone using a mac out there? i have access to one of those, too! no inherent windows machine ATM tho)

Nightmare270891

hmm... didn't recognize that my PSP was plugged in... perhaps WINE is just crap? OMG is it just not working for me because i'm a linux user?!? perhaps vBox will work... (anyone using a mac out there? i have access to one of those, too! no inherent windows machine ATM tho)

i think it's not that hard to ask a friend with windows os for help....

dubmonkey

i think it's not that hard to ask a friend with windows os for help....

lol O(^_^)O normally no, not hard to find someone in the SF area with windows... but ATM i'm in japan (bought a final fantasy 20th aniv. ed. PSP 3000, which could also be a source of the HEN not clucking for me...) so the language barrier is a bit of a problem! and yep, it's a 3000... not a 3001 or whatnot.. straight up 3000, running OFW 5.03

guess i just have to be patient, or keep trying more random combos of what worked for others O(<_>)O *sigh*

Nightmare270891

lol O(^_^)O normally no, not hard to find someone in the SF area with windows... but ATM i'm in japan (bought a final fantasy 20th aniv. ed. PSP 3000, which could also be a source of the HEN not clucking for me...) so the language barrier is a bit of a problem! and yep, it's a 3000... not a 3001 or whatnot.. straight up 3000, running OFW 5.03

guess i just have to be patient, or keep trying more random combos of what worked for others O(<_>)O *sigh*

well....all can say is that i also tried every possible "combo" without any succes and this installer somehow worked...but i'm sure you will find i way so don't lose hope:closedeyes: !!!!!!Good luck

Satsume

Ok, so i've got an 1004 Phat - v5.03, and have been going over this and over this, to no avail...

Eventually i started diggin, in the tiff and bin (with me being a programmer my self :p).

The magic really does not happen in the tiff, but mostly in the bin, the tiff is the enable, the bin has the code.

I then Saw some minor changes to this (R2) tiff and the Hello world tiff, so figured i should try the hello world one instead of the R2, and presto, worked straight away.

I also formatted my MS, returned defaults, and I used the (cleverly found ;)) browse to photo on psp -> stand-by -> power on -> open photo folder on psp trick.

I hope this helps anyone, if it doesn't wait for the offical fix, and use that i know i will format my ms right now anyway until i have it ;)

jeeperinaz

I have a 3001 slim with 5.03. I've placed the slim.tiff with other pictures, by itself, and in the root pictures directory. The psp freezes then turns itself off. any ideas of what to try?

dubmonkey

I hope this helps anyone, if it doesn't wait for the offical fix, and use that i know i will format my ms right now anyway until i have it ;)

uh... R2 is the official fix from davee... but you are correct: the magic isn't in the .tiff file itself, but rather the bin. from what i gathered from the previous build (which loaded HEN for me, but like everone else, didn't load homebrews) the bin created an eggsploit file and loaded it into the ram (or cache), which the psp reads on the bootup that is forced by crashing the system.

i'm just not sure what's causing my system to freeze up, while tons of others are gettin' HEN to load with minimal problem! O(>_<)O

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM EST ----------

@jeeper i would go back thru the thread(s) and try solutions posted by others... one may work for you. as for me, nothing has worked, which is heartbreaking, but i'm still trying ideas (though it's 3am here in japan, time for bed!!!)