• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

arquliz

Just to be sure..
If i install CFW m33-6 while in HEN mode, there is only a very little chance that i will destroy it?
And it will work after i restarted my psp and not go back to OFW becourse i installed it in HEN mode?
I just want to avoid doing something very stupid xD

silver_surfer

Just to be sure..
If i install CFW m33-6 while in HEN mode, there is only a very little chance that i will destroy it?
And it will work after i restarted my psp and not go back to OFW becourse i installed it in HEN mode?
I just want to avoid doing something very stupid xD

you can install CFW from HEN if your psp is hackable..

[Tutorial] Convert your Hackable OFW PSP to CFW without Pandora

but remember this:

taken from HEN Read Me file:

* [What it does not do?]
- Magically allow the use of Custom Firmware (on TA-088v3 or PSP 3000)
* Sure enough, you can run applications in HEN to flash stuff but I strongly recommend against it.

gabs

Forgot to mention one thing: when you click on PHOTO and is brought to the ChickHEN folder, DO NOT USE THE [O] BUTTON TO GO TO THE FOLDER. Use the right directional keys instead. Don't ask why, but it works everytime for me.

Adiuvo

xcrdjn

HI,i try for removing the battery, the HEN not work ,then i delete PSP/PHOTO other Folder and reset psp to default?every times HEN SUCCESS.

Thanks for DAVEE.

weijinfengdu

First Great Thanks to Davee and the Great Team.

I tried R2 for more than 20 times and then, followed 1)Restore Factory Setting. 2)Nothing change the parameter. 3)Goto photo->chickHen. Fortunately succeeded once, while unfortunately I power off the PSP, then Later on I never succeed again.

Even I format the Memory Card. Every time the PSP shutdown, not reboot? Anybody help?

jedimaster

First Great Thanks to Davee and the Great Team.

I tried R2 for more than 20 times and then, followed 1)Restore Factory Setting. 2)Nothing change the parameter. 3)Goto photo->chickHen. Fortunately succeeded once, while unfortunately I power off the PSP, then Later on I never succeed again.

Even I format the Memory Card. Every time the PSP shutdown, not reboot? Anybody help?

kindly narrate the steps that you did.. specifically.. so that we will see where you went wrong..

Jhazky

Does anyone tried Final Burn Alpha emulator to ChickHEN? I can't seem to play CPS2 roms but CPS1 roms runs fine. Does this have something to do with anti-piracy stuff or is it the emulator itself?

molacules

any Japan psp there that can't make this hen to work?
and i downloaded a 5.03 FW at darkalex.org
i can't do this hen to work in my psp 2000 Japan.

Slasher

Suck It
I have a psp 1000 and when i enter the chicken folder in photo the screen goes red is this bad

You must be on official firmware 5.03 for it to work. If you are on a previous firmware, then you can update to 5.03.
How would you know when the HEN is already working???

When you go to system information it should say something along the lines of "5.03 ChickHEN".

gabs

I don't think they have any plans to release a version of ChickHEN for any firmware lower than 5.03. Better just upgrade your ofw to that version.

molacules

I think the problem is.... it's because the psp is from japan, me too my psp is from japan and I can't make this thing to work in my psp.
It's just a thought.