• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Clip: PSPgo Fully Hacked, Running HEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Raz5

beep = (char) 7;
At the devs seeing this. An exploit from a game isn't ideal for homebrew because the functions it can use are solely dependent on the game and the functions it calls.

Yet I see FreePlay building a so called "NID resolver", to expand the functions you can use. This would make an ideal eLoader, no?

Bubbletune

At the devs seeing this. An exploit from a game isn't ideal for homebrew because the functions it can use are solely dependent on the game and the functions it calls.

Yet I see FreePlay building a so called "NID resolver", to expand the functions you can use. This would make an ideal eLoader, no?

With "NID resolver" he means resolving the functions in homebrew to the ones that are in the game, it doesn't expand the functions.

AR3S

G0d of W@R
I bet sony is terrified and is tearing the pspgo appart looking for the exploit line by line. Just think of sony scrambling is worth it not being released. :)

To the developers... What you have to realize is that half of the remenants of the psp hacking scene is below the age of 15. So the immaturity and insults are only to be expected.
Oh and 1/4 of the population is retarded according to South Park... :p

Jhazky

Cool.. So it is hackable.. All I need is to learn to program.. A 15 yrs old can do it so why shouldn't I? Props to team typhoon!

DarknessMonk

You do mean piracy, right?...

Anyway, piracy is by no means the cause of the success of some games. It can't be, since they don't buy the games. Word of mouth from pirates will only lead to more people pirating the game. Don't feed me that 'I buy games I like!' excuse either. If that was true for the majority of people there would be a lot more sales for PSP games.

That's a uberly naive talking. I'm pretty sure that some games are only known because of the piracy. That's all because of the the stimulus to buy not one or buy great titles, but buy some and pirate (as a experiment) new ones that you usually wouldn't buy or even consider looking at. That way, the title gets more fans, as well producer. If the publicity is good enough, the next title will be aimed by a larger userbase and will get a greater profit.

I coudn't point a single game, but publicity isn't that straightforward. Just look at the Go (Google new language) and Go! (http://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=9) fuss. The Go! language was unknown to the world, but know, thousands of people know it and, of course, it's creator. Now that the spotlights are on him, he could use it to create a real community about his language or whatever.

Great Work Team Typhoon! Keep up with the great work on the scene (even if, sadly, you guys don't release it to the public).

Dk. (Btw, sorry about my bad english.)

HacKmaN

#include
Team Typhoon is fully right in not releasing this.
Without team typhoon nobody of us would be able to run homebrew on 3ks, but most peaple are only ungratefull.
I'm the same oppinion like hellcat.

karac

I forgot to mention, I appreciate everything Devleopers have done over the past 5 years. I respect most of them, but this is just straight up , immature and selfish.

You are no better than Sony if you think that people shouldn't use your stuff you make for what they personally want. Because you are doing exactly the same thing to Sony. They never wanted us to exploit it.

And I stand with my notion that they can go fuck themselves. They would've been better off not acting like they are 15 years younger than they really are just to rub it in someone's face.

Im with you... That bunch of butthurts are really bang with their HEN... but they made a booboo wouldnt relase the damned HEN... .. But, I think the scene isnt centralized in 2 o 3 people.. the scene isnt TEAM TYPHOON neither... So they demonstrated that it is possible.. if the wont relase it, fuck themselves... there are many developers that can work on it and release their approaches.. That's the scene idea...

TT -> stop acting like a gomer!!! :bored:

Cheers

Adiuvo

Not everything is as public as you make it seem. Really, around 30 or 40 people control the entire PSP scene. They're the core developers, the ones who actually make the exploits.

Colm

Throwing out my opinion:
This is some amount of poor form from Typhoon. I mean, I use my PSP for one of these three reasons right now:
1. Homebrew
2. Burnout\Lumines (games I own)
3. Internet browser (and goddamn, it's a crappy internet browser, but I'm missing my charger for my iPod so it's the only portable internet solution I have)

My PSP is slightly broken and I've considered upgrading to the Go!, but as you can see, there's a problem with that. There's no homebrew and I can't play Burnout or Lumines (no UMD support). This means that I'd be paying for an.. internet browser. I mean, an ISO loader would serve as an emulator for the old PSP. People could rip their old games and carry them over to the Go.

While I realise that the ISO loader can be used for illegitimate means, it has a legitimate purpose on the PSP Go more than ever. For once, the "I'M PLAYING BACKUPS" excuse actually makes sense.

I also think a video release is pointless. As I said with FreePlay's video, unreleased exploits are common in the scene and there's no reason to taunt people with videos.

Davee, I understand your point but I'm afraid that I can't side with you for this one.

Hardrive

Contributor
Throwing out my opinion:
This is some amount of poor form from Typhoon. I mean, I use my PSP for one of these three reasons right now:
1. Homebrew
2. Burnout\Lumines (games I own)
3. Internet browser (and goddamn, it's a crappy internet browser, but I'm missing my charger for my iPod so it's the only portable internet solution I have)

My PSP is slightly broken and I've considered upgrading to the Go!, but as you can see, there's a problem with that. There's no homebrew and I can't play Burnout or Lumines (no UMD support). This means that I'd be paying for an.. internet browser. I mean, an ISO loader would serve as an emulator for the old PSP. People could rip their old games and carry them over to the Go.

While I realise that the ISO loader can be used for illegitimate means, it has a legitimate purpose on the PSP Go more than ever. For once, the "I'M PLAYING BACKUPS" excuse actually makes sense.

I also think a video release is pointless. As I said with FreePlay's video, unreleased exploits are common in the scene and there's no reason to taunt people with videos.

Davee, I understand your point but I'm afraid that I can't side with you for this one.

Very well said, I agree with all of your points.

DarknessMonk

Well, i'm fine if they don't release it (it's not that i don't want it thought). Without the video, at least i know that people are working on it, capable, and that is possible to have Hen (and possible a Custom HenF-ware) someday. The only thing sad about it it's the "lex talionis" attitude toward the community by Davee's part.

I'm a vengeful person.

But well, even Davee can be childish sometimes.

Itanium

Well, I support all decisions taken by Team Typhoon, first one to not release the HEN because of piracy concerns, and second one to make public the PoC vid and reveal the success on hacking v6 firmware (not tied to the Go).

What I disagree is to point revenge as another reason as has been said. Nonsense like that should be away from The Scene (is really all of this "Scene"?) and respected teams like Team Typhoon has proven to be.

By the way, there is no place for releasing any new vids as stated in the PoC in my opinion, since all of this has already served its purpose.

Finally, of course, congrats for the success.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
So this is what the "scene" has come to huh? Well I'm done with this bullcrap. The so-called "scene" is pathetic and should go burn in fucking hell with all its users.

We decide to make a video showing people that it is possible to hack the PSPgo and newer firmwares, that there are still coders out there that can do the hard stuff.

I'm going to tell it like it is: all of the "sceners" are a bunch of fucking spoiled brats and cunts who want everything handed to them on a silver platter. Do you fuckers have any idea how hard it was to even boot into a HEN? DO YOU?! Sleepless nights, tiring days, testing and testing and testing. Doesn't work? Let's go back to the drawing board for one more try.

You idiots and assholes think that you deserve any of what you have? You should fucking be grateful for what you have: BECAUSE YOU WERE NEVER MEANT TO! You sad excuses for human beings, attacking the character and personalities of the people who do a service. Do you assholes get a kick out of attacking people because you disagree with what they do? Do better then! I triple dare you! Morons.

Exophase was right when he retired from the "scene". There is no respect for the developers. People just demand more and more and more like they deserve it. Are you fucking kidding me? People are giving you a service FREE OF CHARGE and you still complain and demand and moan and bitch? SERIOUSLY? Bunch of idiots.

I wish you never again see another exploit while the PSP is alive, because the PSP IS alive no matter how many of you say it's dead and so on and so forth and it will live for at least another two years. Deal with it.

It's just sad to see all you cunts spit on the legacy of so many greats: Fanjita, Ditlew, Dax and Team M33, Mathieulh, nem, jim, joek, Exophase. The list goes on. What to they all have in common? They retired because of YOU. It's because of you that we ahd to pass on new versions of awesome homebrew like gPSP and more. Because you're never freaking satisfied. It's because of you that CFW has become known as the gateway to piracy instead of the homebrew haven it was meant to be. Because you're too fucking lazy to earn your money and buy your games.

Now you fucks go back to your pathetic lives of bashing and insulting people since it gives you so much of a fucking hard-on.

Neon out.

Status
Not open for further replies.