• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Corrupt Flash Drive

andyauff

Error said:
F:\ is not accessible.
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

I get this error when trying to open up my flash drive. It must've gotten corrupt when I pulled it out earlier without ejecting...stupid computer said it was being used when it wasn't, or at least shouldn't have been. Anyway, is there any possible way to recover my files or do I have to reformat it and just take the loss?

Cryox

Bro.
Try restarting your computer. Sometimes that helps. If not, all i would know to do is to format it, or, you could try to copy the files over using a MAC or a linux computer. That might work. Might not, but they are worth a try.

andyauff

Thanks, I'll definitely try those. Thankfully I didn't have anything extremely important on it, but there are definitely some things I would like to recover if I can.

Cryox

Bro.
Thanks, I'll definitely try those. Thankfully I didn't have anything extremely important on it, but there are definitely some things I would like to recover if I can.

Hopefully that helps. I know that sometimes Microsoft computers don't like working. For example, a flash drive i used to use worked in EVERY computer but one of my laptops...

Good luck getting it to work though.

andyauff

Wow, all I did was open it up using ubuntu and suddenly it worked again in windows. Didn't even have to copy over files and reformat. Thanks for the help, beastlyboy.