• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Daedalus R14 Beta, Preliminary ME Support

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
daedalus11.jpg

Homebrew developer Wally has released an unofficial beta build of Daedalus R14, a Nintendo 64 emulator for the PSP. Based off of Strmnnrmn's latest SVN source, the release features preliminary ME (Media Engine) support for enhanced audio processing, as well as all-new application icons and slight improvements in regards to emulation speed.

Given that this is a beta release, users can expect the odd bug or two. That being said, the author notes that if a debug menu pops up while running a ROM image to simply press the PSP's square button to close it.

Download Daedalus R14 Beta

firaX

<p>Just wondering - anyone tried this and can confirm its in 3,XX mode? In other words - runs on slim or not? Cause the original was 1,50 based.</p>

wally

Developer
<p>-_- you had to ask didnt you.. Just test it next time.</p>
<p>It works fine on 3.xx kernel, it was compiled and tested on my slim as its the only PSP i have.</p>
<p>So yes it works fine.</p>
<p>Wally</p>

neutrOpik

Oh tanks for this release :)

I test it right now.. keep up Wally!

firaX

<p>Well excuse me wally, the original author had over and over talked on forums how he didnt really know how to impliment it to the 3.xx kernel, so im (positively) surprised it works on the slim.</p>

porchemasi

<p>what happened to Strnmnrm, i hope he is doing well! Its been months! Just a quick post to say he is alright and just busy with work would be awsome</p>

Chilly Willy

Contributor
<p>Well excuse me wally, the original author had over and over talked on forums how he didnt really know how to impliment it to the 3.xx kernel, so im (positively) surprised it works on the slim.</p>

Strnmnrm has been over at ps2dev looking at the 3.xx and ME coding. You thought he could do MIPS dynamic recompiling but not 3.xx/ME support? Have a little more faith. :wink: :biggrin:

wally

Developer
<p>You people don't read EVERYTHING, its all the same on the ps2dev forums, why oh why..</p>
<p>Im with Chilly Willy on this, surely he's smart enough to know all that stuff and it worked fine on the slim from the start. Amen for that.</p>
<p>Wally</p>

lincruste

<p>Hello,
Thanks for the release, first of all.
One question in my mind: Is Strmnnrmn aware of the fact that the name of "Daedalus R14 Beta" has been given to this unofficial release?</p>

wally

Developer
<p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148071929#post2148071929">[www.dcemu.co.uk]</a> Please read.</p>

fungusinmymilk

<p>maybe im blind but i just read the entire thread at dcemu and it doesnt seem to have any answers concerning the status of StrnmnNrmn!</p>

lincruste

Wally said:
[link] Please read.
Ok, thanks.

@fungusinmymilk:
Obviously, Strmnnrmn is quite disconnected from the scene as far as we know. The thread on DcEmu makes things more clear: this release is a slighlty modified version of the SVN sources of Strmnnrmn wich couldn't compile at first.
I feel sorry for Wally he (already!) began to get flamed and/or spammed for an imperfect version he released for some reasons, but it's a quite dangerous thing to let N64 fanatics believe they will run a full-speed GoldenEye emulation on their PSP.:closedeyes: (even if Wally didn't mean this!)
Let's just wait for another version...

fungusinmymilk

<p>thanks lincruste</p>
<p>i was just wondering whether strmnnrmn had said anything to wally or if he knew of strmnnrmn's future plans on the project.</p>
<p>i myself also jumped for joy when i first heard the beta had been released.</p>
<p>i hope that a team gets formed to continue work on the emulator. Daedalus is one of the biggest things in homebrew and i think if a few developers gave it a crack a few advancements could be made.</p>
<p>what ever happened to Monkey64?!</p>

wally

Developer
<p>I know Strmnnrmn is fine, hes constantly jogging up different routes. I wont reveal anymore.</p>
<p>Wally</p>

Richlando

<p>This doesn't work for me.I keep getting errors that crash my psp.Rom looking for eeprom and not finding it,popping event with a bit of underflow..Location: Source/Core/CPU.cpp (307)
GetEepromStatus Read / Write bytes remaning.Assert failed: ucWrite==0 && ucRead==0
What the heck is going on? I've only tried Mario64,Super Smash Bros. and Zelda OoT..
I have a slim psp 390M33-3.No plugins enabled.The emulator loads just fine but it crashes when loaded the roms I've tried.
And wht the heck is VFPU Tnl and the Inexact Blend modes anyway? Any help here?</p>

Ok..ok..Square to bypass..

<p>im getting tha same problem as RJC4LIFE xcept when i push square another error screen pops up and freezes my psp until it cuts off. is the problem with the roms or is it the system(3.xx m33)?</p>

<p>same exact thing for me as the above 2 posts. The ONLY game which works for me is Ocarina of Time. not DK 64, Super mario... anything else. I have a phat PSP, 3.71-M33</p>

Illegal Machine

<p>I know Strmnnrmn is fine, hes constantly jogging up different routes. I wont reveal anymore.</p>
<p>Wally</p>

well next time you see him... tell him that I said he's a lazy fuck.

tell him that any other coder would have been making releases MUCH more frequently

also tell him that he's a fucking moron for not having his own site to promote releases, because he could have made a few $$ on links with the hundreds of thousands of clicks he WOULD have gotten

tell him that his emulator is UNFINISHED. that he's been wasting his time porting his OWN WORK instead of writing it from scratch specifically for the PSP

tell him that there's a DEVKIT and toolchain for the 4.xx kernel and that he doesn't have to make it 1.5 compatible anymore NOR DOES ANYONE WANT HIM TO DO SO

tell him that his little fanboy site has done NOTHING except embarrass themselves. and that his work is getting PISSED on instead of finished for his lazy ass

tell him that abandoning his work is weak and lame

basically.. tell him that he dropped the ball

big time

and tell him that he could have accomplished something

but never did

StrmnNrmn = EPIC FAIL