• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Dante's Inferno

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm not sure how I managed to not read or hear about this game until today, but I went over to Gametrailers and watched the below two clips, and now this game is on my radar screen. I've read the book this is based on probably when I was in college and I don't recall much from it detail wise, but I do remember it being a bit of an eye opener and something that made me think.

Check out these clips, I think you'll agree that they have a certain charm about them.

World Premier Trailer
[gt]43685[/gt]

Cinematic Trailer (released today)
[gt]45952[/gt]

Official Site: Dante's Inferno : The Divine Comedy Video Game : EA Games

Looks like it's slated for a PS3 and 360 release.

that looks pretty bad ass i didnt know this game was coming out either, but nowthat i do it definitaly looks like it will be worth checking out

Adiuvo

That looks great, which is surprising. Generally, it would seem like book to game ideas don't go off that well. I really like the impersonation they did of Scarmiglione, hopefully the other Malebranche will be as interesting.

Virgil wasn't shown though, which is a bit off. He's a central part of the novel, and really the only reason why Dante can safely go to hell.

Serideth

Game of the year here we come!

Man Abe you just made me cum everywhere! I am so stoked now man I want this now.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
That's pretty awesome, I've always loved that book and have constantly wondered why it hasn't been made into a good movie recently (imagine Del Toro directing it). A video game based on it is a clever idea, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. Kind of want there to be co-op where one person is Dante and one is Virgil... although there wasn't any real fighting in the book, lol...

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I had heard there was a game being developed but hadn't seen anything till now. It's looking really sweet; I'll be considering this one for sure.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Well this drops on Friday for you folks in the EU and next Tuesday for the people in NA.

Is anyone else besides me going to pick it up?

There's a nice string of games coming out every week that started last week with ME2. (BioShock 2, Dante's Inferno, Aliens vs. Predator, Heavy Rain, Bad Company 2, FF XIII, Metro 2033, etc.)

El Diablo

That looks great, which is surprising. Generally, it would seem like book to game ideas don't go off that well. I really like the impersonation they did of Scarmiglione, hopefully the other Malebranche will be as interesting.

Virgil wasn't shown though, which is a bit off. He's a central part of the novel, and really the only reason why Dante can safely go to hell.
He's still in the game, if you play the demo you meet him right near the end of the demo before you go to hell and he talks to you about Beatrice.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm gonna pick this up hopefully. It reminded me of God of War and I enjoyed the demo.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I beat this yesterday. It is frustratingly difficult at a couple spots, and I was playing on Normal.

Clocked in at close to 8 hours of gameplay for me and I maxed out the Unholy path. I choose not to go the good guy route this time around.

It's a renter for sure, but some people might be interested in purchasing it because there is a DLC coming out that allows co-op and a Combat Arena editor where scores are posted online. It actually looks pretty decent.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
It is hard. Im having trouble with the first boss on easy.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I finally got around to playing the E3 demo fir GoW3, and it takes a huge shit on this this game. Just from the demo you can tell how much better it is.