1. Welcome to the eXophase.com forums!

It looks like you're enjoying our site but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now?

By joining, you will have access to post topics, browse threads ad-free, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

PSV Davee Uncovers sceKermit Driver, Communication API Between PS Vita and PSP Emulator

Discussion in 'Articles' started by x3sphere, Mar 29, 2012.

1. x3sphere

x3sphere Administrator Staff Member

Last played:
    The Last of Us Remastered on PS4
    [​IMG]
    Well-known PSP homebrew developer Davee has uncovered a set of API-level functions, collectively known as sceKermit, that Sony uses to communicate with PS Vita hardware through the built-in PSP emulator. By transfer of specialized packets, Kermit acts as the gateway to access hardware devices such as the Memory Stick, Flash filesystem, USB, Power Control, WLAN, and more[...]

Continue reading: Davee Uncovers sceKermit Driver, Communication API Between PS Vita and PSP Emulator...
  2. hush404

hush404 Member

Last played:
    Dead Island on PS3
    :( I can see Sony pulling PSP emulation all together if this continues.
  3. Trigun

Trigun That guy, who Records Music.

hahahaha keep it up guys.
  4. BlackSheep

BlackSheep JungleNutz

Last played:
    Grand Theft Auto V on PS3
    Davee shoot me some hacks dawg remember i this is was 5.60 you shot me up :)
  5. Hellcat

Hellcat Staff Member Staff Member

that
  6. Trigun

Trigun That guy, who Records Music.

It would be hilarious if they did honestly.
    Super Hilarious.
  7. KezraPlanes

KezraPlanes Just some dood

Last played:
    Persona 4 Arena on PS3
    Hilaruous to whom? Losing features is never something people should be happy about.
  8. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq Justin B / Supp. Editor Staff Member

Last played:
    GTA V on Xbox 360
    Let's hope they don't pull PSP emulation all together... Great work though Davee
  9. Hellcat

Hellcat Staff Member Staff Member

They did it before (OtherOS, which was an advertised feature), and they'll do it again - esp. as the PSP emulator isn't used to advertise the PS Vita.
    IIRC they even cover the removal of features in the TOS these days, but I'm not sure about that.

Apart from that, yes, great work from Davee's side, I only wish it was more.... "accessible" for others, as I'd really like to tinker around there too....
  10. Dan

Dan Contributor

goddommot dovee
  11. Alex

Alex Developer

I highly doubt that they'll remove it, it'll cost them too much in sales, especially on the pstore