• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Derren Brown predicts the Lotto numbers?

Colm

A theory is that the left hand side of the screen was actually 'frozen', so when the lotto numbers were revealed, someone could have changed them without anyone seeing.

This split-screen theory has a decent amount of evidence going for it. Analyisis shows that there's a slight pause (of about 1 frame) after he turns off the TV, and then one of the balls seems to suddenly move upwards, indicating that the balls have been tampered with.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
This split-screen theory has a decent amount of evidence going for it. Analyisis shows that there's a slight pause (of about 1 frame) after he turns off the TV, and then one of the balls seems to suddenly move upwards, indicating that the balls have been tampered with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hveA0V5lskg

Well to me it doesn't look like a simple split screen trick. After all the camera is moving. You would have had to match the movements of the normal and the split screen camera precisely. That's next to impossible to do under live conditions in a studio. It's much more plausible that someone simply rigged the machine. "Wisdom of the crowds" does exist, but is total bullshit in this situation.

eldiablov

Contributor
Im not sure why people can't just accept the show for what it was, entertaining.

2q3ves4.png

I can definitely see what you guys mean though. (took them two screenshots from the youtube vid)

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
... People really think you can't add digital effects to a live broadcast with camera motion? Wow.

Some people.

Ofcourse it's possible, but I don't believe Derren would place his whole career on digital effects.

Who cares anymore, that was last weeks show, I was disappointed with the "Control The Nation" show.

Colm

Ofcourse it's possible, but I don't believe Derren would place his whole career on digital effects.

He WOULD, because he's built his career on avoiding them. That way, when he uses them, nobody expects it.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
He WOULD, because he's built his career on avoiding them. That way, when he uses them, nobody expects it.

I said I don't believe he would, you believe different and like i said before that was last week, this week sucked..