• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi "DMC" Announced - Devil May Cry Reboot by Ninja Theory

Dan

Contributor
Today at Capcom's press event for the Tokyo Game Show they announced that Ninja Theory will be developing a new Devil May Cry title known simply as "DmC". Capcom is saying that this game will "redefine the franchise"

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
So Capcom recently announced at this years Tokyo Game Show that their much loved Devil May Cry series is coming back, only with a slight twist. At first I seemed pretty annoyed that the Dante we know and love wasn't starring in the game...

The game trailer shows the combat system used in previous games, similar to Dante's style.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/704493.html

So, what do you guys think about it?

Game looks fun. Dante's redesign sucks.

I know he's supposed to be a younger Dante but, why does he remind me of Robert Pattinson? D:

Dan

Contributor
Why did you have to say Robert Pattison?! I thought he was cool until you said that.

But it's gonna be interesting, there wasn't that much of a story to Dante.

El Diablo

Game looks sick but I don't like Dantes look, oh well I'm sure it will still be good.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I don't get why they changed his hair colour...in DMC3 he had white hair, right?

Dan

Contributor
Yeah, and in 1 & 2. It's obviously a prelude, but I don't get the hair change. He has the same build and expressions as Dante from Devil May Cry 1, however.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't get why they changed his hair colour...in DMC3 he had white hair, right?

Supposedly, he hasn't unlocked his demon side yet so his hair isn't white, but according to talk on the web is if you watch close enough you can see strands of white hair on him though

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Supposedly, he hasn't unlocked his demon side yet so his hair isn't white, but according to talk on the web is if you watch close enough you can see strands of white hair on him though

a bit of his crown is silvery but Idunno....

So the Devil May Cry timeline...does it go...

DmC > DMC3 > DMC > DMC2 > DMC4 ?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
a bit of his crown is silvery but Idunno....

So the Devil May Cry timeline...does it go...

DmC > DMC3 > DMC > DMC2 > DMC4 ?

Something like that yeah

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Glad the DMC franchise is finally receiving a reboot.. I hope Ninja Theory does away with the lame puzzles that have plagued previous installments. They always came across as an unnecessary break in the action to me.

Dan

Contributor
Glad the DMC franchise is finally receiving a reboot.. I hope Ninja Theory does away with the lame puzzles that have plagued previous installments. They always came across as an unnecessary break in the action to me.

The cube puzzle in Devil May Cry 4 royally pissed me off.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Btw, there are fans already making petitions and open letters for CAPCOM to stop development on this game.

Yeah, like that'll work xD

Dan

Contributor
Well they shouldn't. I don't think anybody would like a series of games with the same protagonist and story non-stop, that's what DLC is for.

sonnyz

Rated Aaargh
This series started last gen. That means the series is being rebooted in the generation immediately after its introduction. I don't understand. What could have caused them to do this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Btw, there are fans already making petitions and open letters for CAPCOM to stop development on this game.

Yeah, like that'll work xD

Let me guess... fans are throwing a fit because of young Dante. I'm not fond of the character design myself, however, I'll still pick this one up if the gameplay is solid.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Let me guess... fans are throwing a fit because of young Dante. I'm not fond of the character design myself, however, I'll still pick this one up if the gameplay is solid.

Right on the money sir.

Bran

Yell
I like the new look a lot. I'm excited for this shit. I like the old Dante as a character a lot, but the plot was becoming retarded. I hope some western influence really helps that department.

Kait0

The gameplay would surely be sick like the previous ones. what puzzles me was the DRAMATIC CHANGE OF HAIRSTYLE of our main character. don't forget his weapon. I do believe that the Rebellion was a memento from his deceased father, The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda and it doesn't morph like that. The hair change might be cool without the "emo bangs" and without the eye-liner. if i had a console suited for that game, i will surely play it on the lowest quality to get rid of the emo looks.