• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Do you have a nickname in real life?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I was just curious if MfM members have nicknames in real life other than just short versions of their actual name and where they got them from. People know me as the Jehovah Witness of Rock 'N Roll because anyone I befriend, no matter what their musical preference, tends to start listening to classic rock after a while.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I was known as Tot in hs

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Papa Smurf and Big A, papa smurf because I drank a blue icee and someone noted that it looked like I gave fellatio to papa smurf, and Big A because I'm about 6"4, and I have the hebrew-derived spelling of aaron, and only one A is capitalized.

Seth

MD Party Room
Seth :)

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I've got plenty of nicknames, the most common one being 'Werdy'. That's because, Andrew, backwards, is Werdna, so it's kind of a nickname of a nickname. Other names I'm called include 'Drew', 'Aaron' (pronounced 'Air-en' as oppose to 'Ah-ren' to annoy me), and 'Merlin'.

Serideth

Yeah, I have a few:

One Lung - Due to a time I coughed up a load of shit after hitting a vortex.

Towlie - Due to answering my door high wearing a towl.

Big Mike - Because I sometimes wear a coat that makes me look really tall.

elite

Oldie moldie
How would a coat make you taller? It should make you broader. :p

My nick in real life: elite :)

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Pierat.

I used to (and in fact still do to a degree) look like an idiot, but I went to a fancy dress as a pirate once then some genius decided that Pie-Rat would suit me better because I'm chubby so I must eat a lot of pies and Rat because I'm small.

Riorio99

For some reason I was called Jimbob throughout Secondary School, but now EVERYONE just uses my entire name, I'm always Rob Else, never just Rob, or even Robert, Rob Else all the damn time.

Dan

Contributor
I'm just called 'Fisher' back in Birmingham, but it sounds like 'Fisha', so people down there refer to me as that.

In Manchester I'm just called Danny though.

TeamOverload

My real name's Eric, but this girl I used to know always called me Epic. Changed it on Facebook and now everyone here at college calls me Epic haha.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I've got plenty of nicknames, the most common one being 'Werdy'. That's because, Andrew, backwards, is Werdna, so it's kind of a nickname of a nickname. Other names I'm called include 'Drew', 'Aaron' (pronounced 'Air-en' as oppose to 'Ah-ren' to annoy me), and 'Merlin'.

I always thought that's how Aaron's pronounced..at least here in the states it is.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I wasn't given a middle name when I was born, I chose it as a name when I was confirmed. I've always known it to be pronounced Ah-ren, since I had a school friend with that name when I was younger. I've always taken Air-en to be the Irish pronunciation of the name.

Interesting. It seems the pronunciation varies place-to-place.

Down in south america (The spanish, not portuguese part) they pronounce it like "aidON" emphasizing the on. In the United States completely it's airen (It's usually spelled, for guys, Aaron or Eran, mine being the former). Same with Canada (Perhaps not french canada). It's kinda interesting to know that.