• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dr. Manhattan's Dong

LocutusEstBorg

So a couple of people kept telling me that Watchmen was an awesome movie and I'd love it and I have to see it. I couldn't help but read all about it and about the original comics and I ended up reading all the movie reviews before I watched it. Thankfully all the reviews basically revealed zero about the plot.

Almost all the reviews made a big deal about Manhattan's shiny blue wang; Some of them making note of the estimated 15 whole minutes of screen time it received.

Apparently he didn't have a nut sack and his penis was twice as large as average. Some reviews even speculated that the criticism it received was because people in Europe were not used to seeing a circumcised penis as is common in America :/
It seems the original cartoonist didn't approve of him being portrayed as muscular and circumcised and had actually given him a small penis in the comic to represent his detachment from the human world and its pleasures etc. etc..

Most of the comments reflected the above too.
"When the guys swinging that much pipe you can’t help but drop your jaw a little."

I finally got to watch it on Bluray and needless to say I was expecting a freakshow: extra large, ball-less, circumcised unit, that swings like a length of rope. Ok, maybe they wanted to appease both male and female audience but I didn't see how ball-less fitted in the picture :/

So when Rorschach finally walks in on Dr. Manhattan:
He clearly had both twig and berries.
He was clearly uncut.
He looked pretty average to me.
There was definitely no over dramatic "swinging pipe" in any scene.

Was the CG changed on the Director's cut for Bluray? Was it like this in the theaters? Are the US/EU/Rest of World versions different?!?

Not to mention all the women had small breasts. If they were going XXL they could have done it for both. Too many naked men for my liking. But the movie was pretty brutal and I enjoyed the violence :D

LocutusEstBorg

Ahem.

I still haven't managed to see this movie. Do you recommend it? I was never really into the whole Comic book type films though.

If you like violence then definitely watch it. Jason X quality kills. And a nicely chosen sound track too; suits the scenes very well. Don't watch a censored version, get the Director's Cut. You'll have trouble not laughing when other people are shocked by the manner of death.

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
yeah i couldn't help but notice the crotch area. but it looked normal and whatever not that i really was watching the film to see a blue glowing wang

yeah it was a good film not to my liking thou but a good number of gore moments

wouldn't watch it again thou anytime soon :/

Crank

Crank it up!

eighty4

I'm glad you told me his cock was average sized, and that he had a ballsack. That was needed for me to see the movie.

I totally agree. I mean when I watched it for the first time, all my friends said dude watch out for a huge wang and lots of it. When I watched the movie it really was not that noticeable to me, and it was not huge by any stretch of the imagination. I have concluded that ll my friends are homos with tiny dicks

Adiuvo

I got the same thing from my friends. It's not like it was shoved in your face the entire time, though animating the swag was a bit unnecessary =/

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
LOL, I still haven't seen this movie , but I hear about the dick so much it should be listed in the credits.
I won't watch the movie, so I have a question. were the cock shots there for no reason at all?

It could be said that sex sells and that's the reason for it, but who actually goes to the movies to see a blue dick?

Dan

Contributor
There wasn't this much commotion when Bart's dong was seen. Like Chat said, it's a guy, guy's have dicks.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
LOL, I still haven't seen this movie , but I hear about the dick so much it should be listed in the credits.
I won't watch the movie, so I have a question. were the cock shots there for no reason at all?

It could be said that sex sells and that's the reason for it, but who actually goes to the movies to see a blue dick?

The reason for showing his man piece was to emphasize he lost the need for clothes, he had no reason, man wasn't born with clothes so why should he wear them?

And I agree, it's a fucking dick, get over it.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
There wasn't this much commotion when Bart's dong was seen. Like Chat said, it's a guy, guy's have dicks.
I can't look at Bart the same anymore after seeing that scene.

Personally, I didn't like the Watchmen, and it wasn't because of the dong. It was too much talking and not enough action. It just dragged on so much that I probably dozed off during the dick scenes since I don't really remember it fondly.