• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"Draw Muhamed pictures day" on the 20th...

madsoul

... What do you personally think of these actions? Do you think this provocation will help in anyway or just strengthen the anger on both parts?

Everybody Draw Mohammed Day! | Facebook

Im sure most of you have heard about the two artists from Denmark and Sweden that draw pictures of Mohamed, got published then got death threats etc. The Swedish dude just did this simple harmless drawing:

muh-hund-original-rondellliten.JPG

And he has gotten like 10 death threats including that woman from the US that had planned to get over here and shoot him. Some people almost burned him in yesterday.

Well, what do you say... Im personally tired of extremists fucking up the world . But i cant decide if i think this is a silly racist action or something that will get more attention to the issue. What do you think? Will you be apart of tommorows "Piss off extremist muslims" event? I think il pass.

Dan

Contributor
Haha, I can't help but think South Park had something to do with this.

But no, although I think there's nothing sinister with drawing the prophet, I wouldn't want to get caught up in their beliefs.

Adiuvo

Every single religion in the world gets picked on and made fun of. For Islam to be under some protection from that purely because they consider it disrespectful is ridiculous, and should be ignored.

I don't imagine that Buddhists are happy Buddah is frequently being shown as a fat dude who rubs his stomach all day, but you don't see them raising hell over it.

Serideth

Every single religion in the world gets picked on and made fun of. For Islam to be under some protection from that purely because they consider it disrespectful is ridiculous, and should be ignored.

I don't imagine that Buddhists are happy Buddah is frequently being shown as a fat dude who rubs his stomach all day, but you don't see them raising hell over it.

This so hard.

Although I can't say I'm religious it always annoys me to see every other faith made fun of and yet we can't even draw a picture of Muhamed and publish it without a shit storm brewing.

I can't even begin to imagine how many pictures of "loljesus" I have seen, or as Adiuvo said Buddah.

greatsage

WTF with "Draw Muhamed pictures day".Those crimes will put more oil on the already burning fire in each Muslims all over the world.For someone who does not believe in religion they can do whatever they wanna do but for them to invoke other religion believes kinda barbarian.F**k all the terrorist either Islam,Christian,Buddhist or Hindu.They do what their religion never taught,and now those f**cking terrorists just give a bad name to their religions.As Muslim i don't think this is a good thing to do.My religion never thought that kind of filthy action,killing those who they think Muslim's enemies.Where the hell is Osama,after planning 9/11 and now nowhere to be found.Dont need for him to wear turban if his action like the devil,killing innocent people and now makes all think that Islam=terrorist.Osama,you're really an enemy of Islam.:angry:

PR0fessor Burnt

My Friend and I where just talking about this (weird how that works) and it's stupid that some people take things so seriously. The few Muslim extremist that ruin the image for the rest of the Muslim community by issuing death threats and so on yet I'm sure these people will go on thinking that making jokes about other religious views is OK. people should just accept the fact that its a harmless drawing that has very little to do with the religion and does not anyone in anyway.

Spiros

Maiki
I do support the idea that we should be trying to protect our freedoms, although I do think it's an immature move to create a day dedicated to drawing pictures of mohammed. I think the cause is right, just going in the wrong direction.

PR0fessor Burnt

I do support the idea that we should be trying to protect our freedoms, although I do think it's an immature move to create a day dedicated to drawing pictures of mohammed. I think the cause is right, just going in the wrong direction.

I second that

Serideth

I can see where you're coming from, but at least this is a somewhat peaceful protest.

FreePlay

Our "extremists" draw pictures. Their extremists cut off heads. I don't think we're NEARLY going in the wrong direction.

greatsage

i think this kind of thread shouldn't be discussed at all.It might give wrong ideas to someone who don't think deeply.So,anyone agreed with me?Let live the life without wars..peace..:love:

Adiuvo

Life without wars and fighting is impossible with the type of world we live in. Utopia can't exist.

Somebody will always be angry no matter what precautions you take.

greatsage

yup,we can't prevent war but i just think we should keep it cool in this forum.No more insults each other,what if someone take it the wrong way,they might think we here in M4M a little bit racist.Who know some of us also extremist.lol

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Life without wars and fighting is impossible with the type of world we live in. Utopia can't exist.

Somebody will always be angry no matter what precautions you take.

EG. you bake someone some muffins, someone else is going to be jealous and complain you didn't make them some.

explosions

EG. you bake someone some muffins, someone else is going to be jealous and complain you didn't make them some.

And next thing you know, someone gets shot at school and everyone has to be searched and pass through a metal detector each morning while still being on time to class.

Chathurga

Insulting the entire religion is a bit immature.

Why? I always hear it being said, why is that immature? It's not immature to get angry at a drawing someone just decides to call Mohammed?

The fact that I can't draw a picture of something because people think their imaginary space ghost frowns upon it is ridiculous. Have to start making a stand now.

explosions

Why? I always hear it being said, why is that immature? It's not immature to get angry at a drawing someone just decides to call Mohammed?

The fact that I can't draw a picture of something because people think their imaginary space ghost frowns upon it is ridiculous. Have to start making a stand now.

You can't change the way they think. People have a firm belief in their religion. And who's to say they're wrong? We can't prove what kind of supernatural beings do and don't exist.

What's the point of this, if not solely to piss people off? That's the immaturity of it.