• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Girl drops out of college because of Linux

Seth

MD Party Room

Joey

Linux users are so fucking obnoxious... We get it, you don't have a life, stop harassing people who don't want their life to revolve around their computer.

Seth

MD Party Room
There are assholes in nearly all communities. Assholes among Mac users, assholes among Windows users, and just general assholes as well. So yes, there are plenty of assholes that use Linux. But there are plenty of good people in the community too.

Serideth

I got a good laugh out of this story.... To make it short Girls go to dell to buy a laptop but doesnt know she got one with ubuntu on it....She trys and installs Office and Verizon High-Speed Internet CD but cant get it to work....Then drops out of college...Then the Ubuntu fanboys go on a rampage on her facebook and the local news company...

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9682258&nav=menu1362_2
http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9667184&nav=menu1362_8_6
I fail to see the funny side of this to be honest.

Would you be posting this if you didn't have as much linux experience as you do now?

Joey

There are assholes in nearly all communities. Assholes among Mac users, assholes among Windows users, and just general assholes as well. So yes, there are plenty of assholes that use Linux. But there are plenty of good people in the community too.

We're not talking about the good people, we're talking about the douchebags. Linux users have an elitist attitude, and just can't understand that people want something that's user friendly... Linux might be cool if you know what you're doing, but most people don't know, and don't have the time to find out.

This lady didn't even know what Linux is, do you actually expect her to learn, when she can get what she needs by just getting Windows?

Of course, the dumbass Linux moron at Dell fucked her over, rather than just giving her what she wanted.

eldiablov

Contributor
There are far more obnoxious Linux users than any other operating system. If they didnt act like such leetist tards then i'm sure they would hold a larger share in the operating system percentage than they do now.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

Thanks for sharing what this guy said on a digg comment.

newwatch51
4 hr 39 min ago

Your sentence was properly spaced without the typical run-on periods in between sentences and thoughts that you normally type....kind of like this....that was the giveaway....

Serideth

There are far more obnoxious Linux users than any other operating system. If they didnt act like such leetist tards then i'm sure they would hold a larger share in the operating system percentage than they do now.

First comment I read after reading that news story:

What on earth is this woman on? What about talking on IRC for help or getting a geeky college friend to help her out.

SHE IS PATHETIC. Lrn2compute!

Linux is the way to go... Get open office, if you need internet explorer get ies4linux....

Goodbye feeble one, read a wiki for once.

Honestly, I know which one of those seems more pathetic to me.

Joey

First comment I read after reading that news story:

Honestly, I know which one of those seems more pathetic to me.

Exactly, this chick had never even heard of linux, does he actually expect her to know what the fuck IRC is?

eighty4

Your sentence was properly spaced without the typical run-on periods in between sentences and thoughts that you normally type....kind of like this....that was the giveaway....

:laugh:

This post has won post of the month in my book.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Linux users have an elitist attitude, and just can't understand that people want something that's user friendly...

hey! that's an overgeneralization, like saying black people are gangstas from the hood who will pop a cap in yo ass.

Chathurga

hindenburgvb3.gif

No topic, no reasonable discussion. Hit and miss with this one Vanden. :(
Just made the old linux folks look even worse.

Edit: Not no topic, I meant bad topic.

Blackout

Game, set, match.

Sullivan

Well I see her point in this very clear, but not to the point where you give up and drop out, she could have returned it and gotten a WINDOWs os. I would hate to have linux/ubuntu as a main os, and the only one to work on.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I found that story incredibly funny. Not because the girl is just human but because of the way the linux community reacted to it. Thanks for living up to the stereotypes.