• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo: Reach

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Invasion on spire is sooooo much better than invasion on boneyard, i just beat it solo on legendary as well, first halo game i beat solo legendary

B

Bizarre

Am I the only one who doesn't think this game is that great? IMO it's just like Halo 3 with a little bit of upgrades here and there.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Am I the only one who doesn't think this game is that great? IMO it's just like Halo 3 with a little bit of upgrades here and there.

no your not the only one, but that doesn't mean that we can't think it's great

edit: @andy, no way your finding it that easy on legedary solo, their were some parts that took me 15-20 tries to get past

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Is anyone interested in co-op'ing the campaign on Legendary with me? I'm watching football all day today, but maybe sometime during the week.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Going from the Comm Station to the Weapons Station in the second level last night solo on Legendary was a royal pain in the ass.

Moose

Meta Moose
My friend had this as a birthday present and we spent all yesterday checking out the maps on custom games. The only thing I would say is that textures in the distance don't get drawn until you are pretty close to them - I saw a lot of rocks that looked like lumps of plasticine for example. Other than that I thought that it was a massive improvement on Halo 3. I'm so glad that they changed the look (and feel, for that matter) of the game. It looks considerably less 'cartoony' and much more realistic. One thing I was really glad of was that now it acually feels like you're firing and hitting someone when using the assault rifle. In Halo 3 you would get the visual feedback (seeing the armor flicker from being hit) but it would almost feel like nothing was happen on your end.

EDIT: The addition of the jetpacks, holograms, etc works very well. It adds another level of fun to the game which I wouldn't have expected. If someone had told me (I didn't follow much of the news surrounding the game) that these things were being added I probably would have said that it would ruin the game...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just beat Legendary solo tonight. Wasn't too difficult, just annoying how I would constantly be running out of DMR ammo and would have to improvise with a lot of weapons. Found myself using the plasma pistol a lot and the needler. Working on getting all achievements in the game now

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm finding Legendary super difficult. The past two levels I was always running around with three health bars that meant two hits would kill me. I just beat the space flying level, so I'm about halfway through it.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm finding Legendary super difficult. The past two levels I was always running around with three health bars that meant two hits would kill me. I just beat the space flying level, so I'm about halfway through it.

Yeah it really is (my problem was ammo as I stated before). It took me about an hour to get through each mission, some slightly longer but an hour seems to be where I was coming out. Headshots are a must and you just need to try to take your time.

I also found myself skipping ahead in at least two areas during the later half of the campaign which helped me a lot (could've gotten through it either way but avoiding firefights is always a good idea)

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
How high have u guys gotten in score attack, played my first round today, did gruntbirthday party, and only managed to get 9900 something, and that was with a perfect set

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Oh man I got boned hard today. I don't know if Bungie just reset some shit because I was gaining credits so fast but I went and played some Gruntapocalypse and got about 5000cR in 2 matches from the challenges and commendations and then it told me I didn't have permission to play online afterwards. wtf

and then it told me all my challenges weren't completed, even the weekly one for 30 games of matchmaking complete.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Just beat it solo on Heroic...the last level reminded me of Crisis Core :(

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm very slowly creeping my way through Legendary. I think I die about 25 times each mission before completing it. xD Just finished the 7th mission.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'm very slowly creeping my way through Legendary. I think I die about 25 times each mission before completing it. xD Just finished the 7th mission.

up to the 4th mission on legendary already...working through today's challenges though, trying to get the achievement for it

On another note, I LOVE the music just after the zealots ambush you at the comm relay. :D

[video=youtube;a5XdecSPAIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5XdecSPAIw#t=9m35s[/video]

starts at about 9m35s

Robby

Los Doyers!
The more online MP I play, the less I like it.

Yeah I got extremely bored of this game.
The more I play it, the more I think of Halo 3 with armor abilities and new maps and I don't even like half the map designs.

The campaign was awesome, I loved every second of it. But the online play isn't cutting it for me, I find it rather boring after a couple matches. Especially when everyone always chooses the same game types over and over.