• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo: Reach

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
How do we not have a specific topic for overall Reach discussion yet? This game is going to be so much better than MW2, and the beta's out in only 6 days :D
I think Loadouts look pretty cool, and I'm hoping that with the whole Spartans and Elites actually having significant differences now, that in game modes like Slayer you can only play as a Spartan, or at least what everyone else is playing as.
Not sure about the spawning with a different weapon and loadout thing, as if I have the choice I will always spawn with the DMR, but this could mean I miss out on armour abilities that I'd like, such as jetpacks which I believe from the loadouts I've seen only come with ARs :(

What do you guys think of how it looks so far?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I have a feeling that all the extra stuff they are adding will make it less balanced and less competitive. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think the different loadouts for Spartans and Elites will be balanced in relation to that character model, not against each other.
And game modes where it is Spartans vs Elites, I believe you do 1 round as 1 team then one round as the other. However, if it was then a draw, and a decider was done, it could become unfair for people with one of the models.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Looks more team work base like team fortress 2.(invasion gametype)
I'm not as hype for halo reach as I was for halo3.

That will change once I play the beta. lol

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Good news on the assassinations. You don't have to go into third person, a mere tap on the beatdown button results in a normal one.
Also, I think I will use Default button layout in this unlike in Halo 3 where I used Bumper Jumper. Bungie's recent weekly update had all the control schemes, and default now seems best.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Good news on the assassinations. You don't have to go into third person, a mere tap on the beatdown button results in a normal one.
Also, I think I will use Default button layout in this unlike in Halo 3 where I used Bumper Jumper. Bungie's recent weekly update had all the control schemes, and default now seems best.

If you go for the normal assassination you will not be credited for an "execution" (I believe that's what it is called). You will be rewarded if you attempt executions over assassinations as they are more risky to pull off (makes you vulnerable on the back of the enemy for a short period of time). What that reward will be is unknown, probably just more credits at the end of the match.

I know I'll constantly be trying for the execution over the assassination - it's just a way of me saying: "Ha, I can afford to rid on your back and get away with it".

I'm really excited for this beta, although it starts on the first day of my final exams...so I have to plan accordingly

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
If you go for the normal assassination you will not be credited for an "execution" (I believe that's what it is called). You will be rewarded if you attempt executions over assassinations as they are more risky to pull off (makes you vulnerable on the back of the enemy for a short period of time). What that reward will be is unknown, probably just more credits at the end of the match.

I know I'll constantly be trying for the execution over the assassination - it's just a way of me saying: "Ha, I can afford to rid on your back and get away with it".

I'm really excited for this beta, although it starts on the first day of my final exams...so I have to plan accordingly

I think I'll probably stick with normal assassinations unless I think the execution is worth it for the reward. Obviously though if there are other enemies around, straight up assassination.
My first exam is on the 24th, so on May 3rd I am pretty much going to spend the whole day playing the beta :D

TeamOverload

Yeah man, the one downfall of our school getting out so early. How long does the beta last? I'm going to be torn between studying and trying to get a bit of playtime I'm in, I'm sure.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Yeah man, the one downfall of our school getting out so early. How long does the beta last? I'm going to be torn between studying and trying to get a bit of playtime I'm in, I'm sure.

There's no set time but it will go somewhere from 2 weeks to a month, but no longer than a month from what I've heard. Good luck on your exams, I'm starting some studying tomorrow for mine so I can get a lot of Halo time in next week

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
My final exam is tomorrow so unless I get a job, on May 3rd I'll be doing absolutely nothing.
Its just one of the advantages of being unemployed.

Now I just need to buy ODST for the third time

Robby

Los Doyers!
There's no set time but it will go somewhere from 2 weeks to a month, but no longer than a month from what I've heard. Good luck on your exams, I'm starting some studying tomorrow for mine so I can get a lot of Halo time in next week

I read that the beta was going to last a season, which is one month.

TeamOverload

That's not too shabby, should be fun, probably see you online at some point then. Good luck on your exams as well!

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I read that the beta was going to last a season, which is one month.

Yeah, I actually wrote that in an early article but that was based on their first podcast on the MP beta. They don't have any set time for it right now

PR0fessor Burnt

Im so pumped for this game. I'm a huge halo fan. Im really excited to see what boneyard is like(I thinks thats the huge map's name is)

6 days and I don't got a GOLD, ODST, and good net.

hopefully I'll join sometime while its out. If you see ODST on my tag that means I probably playing it.

---------- Post added 04-28-2010 at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-27-2010 at 10:01 PM ----------

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKHZf_4HTN8&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

I want the next one 120mins long. :mad:

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
That actually fits exactly how I felt the Halo Universe would look in Live action so well it's not even funny.

I just hope the whole storyline of Reach isn't one gigantic turd of a retcon. That would piss me off.

Because only a few Spartan III's are supposed to be even remotely left including Tom, Lucy and gamma team.

Not to mention all the other 30 or so Spartan II's that go down to the planet to fight the covenant after they invade the planet.
And after the planet is glassed there are supposed to be Spartan II's Underground with Dr.Halsey.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Apparently Reach storyline doesn't follow the book, so you may be disappointed.
Also, HOMING ROCKETS ARE BACK!

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
It doesn't have to follow the book directly, It just needs to acknowledge the fact that there is supposed to be over 30 Spartan II's on the planet fighting before it gets glassed and most of them die.

And not completely change pre established continuity by throwing in a group of random Spartan III's that should be with the other spartan III's on or around Onyx etc.