• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How do you get your music?

RoBz

sucker
About 90% of my music come from Waffles, 5% from What.cd and then probably another 5% from random blogs and stuff. I'll only buy a CD if I really really like it.

twelve

I'm not dead
That's quite an accomplishment. Honestly.

I'd say my ratio of legally to illegally download music is about 1:30.

I know. I used to have 80GB of music then when I got my ipod which is only 30GB I deleted everything and started from scratch.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I use iTunes and CDs.

Picked out an iPod Nano 8gb for Christmas so I have a bunch of family members getting me itunes cards and I just bought All American Rejects new cd, Fall Out Boy's new cd, and Kanye West's new cd. Pretty good season for music.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Sorry guys, but I do things the legit way. No illegal activities for me. It's not worth it anyways. Yeah, if you're low on the cash flow it could be nice to not have to spend money, but it doesn't give me enough satisfaction. I usually only use iTunes, not CDs. Mainly because some albums, I only like a couple songs, not the whole thing.

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't really know why I buy CDs still. I get them home, rip them to itunes and then they gather dust. I guess I just like having a backup copy of what I've bought.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
torrents, and rapidshare thanks to chathurga(get 500kbps in rs compared to 300 on torrents if im REALLY lucky)

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
torrents, and rapidshare thanks to chathurga(get 500kbps in rs compared to 300 on torrents if im REALLY lucky)

lol i get 100 if im lucky.

I normally just use torrents for albums, singles i download of random websites if they have it uploaded.

Savagefreak

$ ./savage.sh
I miss the option Usenet...

Chathurga

About 90% of my music come from Waffles, 5% from What.cd and then probably another 5% from random blogs and stuff. I'll only buy a CD if I really really like it.

Yeah this, I find only waffles and what.cd rip correctly. Downloading from everywhere else is dodgy.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I'm old-school, I still buy CDs. I personally just like having a hard copy of my music, and I like using it on my old stereo systems and my car's system.

Seth

MD Party Room
I leaning towards a zune pass....If my little sister get a zune that almost steals the deal...Some songs just are to hard to download....Plus the thing almost pays for it self...They let you keep 10 songs pre month so it makes it only 5 bucks... I wish it supported tv and movies tho... I glad play 25 bucks a month for that..(If there was a way to play on my ps3...Hell I might even buy a arcade for that feature alone..) I whold still use torrent for those advance albums that get leaked..

Right now I have almost 12000 songs and about 5 of them are legal... 3 of them being Free itunes downloads and 2 songs from a tv soundtrack only on Itunes...THo I removed the DRM so I think that makes them ilegal in Apple eyes but w/e

My past 80 gb where from torrents and all my new songs where from blogs that used host file sites like rapidshare...It a really good way to discover music...

Joey

Torrents, because I'm a dirty fucking pirate...

Seriously, I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday, and the CDs there were $18. Um, wut?

Physical CD should be no more than $10, ever... MP3 downloads never more than $4-$5... If either was true, I'd buy everything, but it's not, so I steal.

$10 is not reasonale for a download, and $18 isn't for a physical copy, unless that shit came with some Vinyl or something...

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Care to elaborate on your vague, yet intriguing post?

I have every kill Hannah album except their first CD (Here Are the Young Moderns) and because it's a Self-Released CD from a decade ago. I can only find one person selling it and he or she wants damn near 300 dollars for it.

I never heard it and not even sure I'll like it. usually I'll pay for the CD from bands or artists I like, but I am not paying that much for a CD I never heard.

Additional Comment:
I use limewire to get my music.
Why? What's wrong with it?

As far back as I can remember, CD's were always about $20. Sometimes a little more, and for the older ones usually less

Just about every CD I ever brought was 4-12 dollars. except for that one $24 Japanese death metal CD I brought cause i liked the cover and assumed I'd like the CD. regretfully it was terrible.

Chathurga

I use limewire to get my music.
Why? What's wrong with it?

No quality control.

I have every kill Hannah album except their first CD (Here Are the Young Moderns) and because it's a Self-Released CD from a decade ago. I can only find one person selling it and he or she wants damn near 300 dollars for it.

I never heard it and not even sure I'll like it. usually I'll pay for the CD from bands or artists I like, but I am not paying that much for a CD I never heard.

Can you find it online? A quick search on waffles brings up the album in 320 CBR if you want to hear it.