• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Recently watched:
Gran Torino
Slumdog Millionaire
The Reader

I honestly have no idea why The Reader and Slumdog had so much hype, Gran Torino should have been an award sweeper at the oscars.

Adiuvo

I saw The Watchmen with some friends. It's absolutely horrible. You know how people say sex and gore sell in movies? This one takes the cake. I thought the writing in it was decent, but the director was horrible, as well as most of the actors. One memorable scene of bad actors is when [BLACKOUT]Rorchash dies, and Night Owl does a famous Vader 'nooo.' It sounded horribly forced, and delayed.[/BLACKOUT] Definitely not recommended.

Whisper

Logic :(
Just saw "I love you man" in a prescreening. I had low expectations but it had me laughing throughout. I would recommend this.

Adiuvo

Nooooooooooooooo

I thought it was going to be awesome :(

Looking at reviews, most people disagree with me. It seems like the movie is a hit and miss. A few reviewers agreed with me (one even mentioned the 'nooo' part), but most praise it being completely faithful to the comic, and 'visually stunning.'

twelve

I'm not dead
I saw The Watchmen with some friends. It's absolutely horrible. You know how people say sex and gore sell in movies? This one takes the cake. I thought the writing in it was decent, but the director was horrible, as well as most of the actors. One memorable scene of bad actors is when [BLACKOUT]Rorchash dies, and Night Owl does a famous Vader 'nooo.' It sounded horribly forced, and delayed.[/BLACKOUT] Definitely not recommended.
I couldn't disagree more. I just got back from it and absolutely loved it. It certainly exceeded my expectations

I got cramp in my thigh half way through and even that couldn't ruin it.

Chathurga

I couldn't disagree more. I just got back from it and absolutely loved it. It certainly exceeded my expectations

I got cramp in my thigh half way through and even that couldn't ruin it.

I'll probably agree with you, first and last time I ever listen to Adiuvo.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm going either tomorrow or Sunday, can't wait. Should probably have it's own thread for fans of the comic.

I was watching Howard Stern earlier and they said that the first 40 minutes of it were amazing. Also said it has a solid soundtrack, they were playing Dillon, etc.

Adiuvo

Oh yeah, the soundtrack really was great. That part of the movie I loved, and during the first twenty minutes it perfectly went along with the 'old age' thing they were going on about.

It's the middle for me that made me dislike it. The beginning was superb, and the ending was pretty good ([BLACKOUT]especially Adrian's plan for peace[/BLACKOUT]), but the middle where they showed Night Owl's and Silk Spectre's [BLACKOUT]love for each other;[/BLACKOUT] I thought it was too stretched out. It really didn't even play a big part of the movie plot wise. I could understand if it did, but it felt like it was just there for the sake of it.

Mister Chief

Have you read the book, Adiuvo?

I'm going to go see it on Monday with a couple of friends after school. I was just at the cinemas and there were a ton of people there who I can only assume were there to see Watchmen.

Seth

MD Party Room
A few of my friends saw it,the loved it. I was going to go see it but my friends blew a tire,so I just ended up going with another friend who already saw the movie to gameworks.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
My History class just watched "Swing Kids." It explains the story of teenagers to early twenties adults and how they ignored the Nazis' laws about dancing to jazz. Basically as a quick overview, jazz was written (at the time) mainly by Jews and African (Americans). Since the Nazis hated these races, it wasn't permitted.

Good material, a bit hard to watch because it shows a part where something happens which is very similar to what happened to my grandfather in the Holocaust.

I'd recommend it. The music is a bit annoying since it's 30's style jazz which isn't really my thing, but good nonetheless.

Adiuvo

My History class just watched "Swing Kids." It explains the story of teenagers to early twenties adults and how they ignored the Nazis' laws about dancing to jazz. Basically as a quick overview, jazz was written (at the time) mainly by Jews and African (Americans). Since the Nazis hated these races, it wasn't permitted.

Good material, a bit hard to watch because it shows a part where something happens which is very similar to what happened to my grandfather in the Holocaust.

I'd recommend it. The music is a bit annoying since it's 30's style jazz which isn't really my thing, but good nonetheless.

I just watched the same thing in my History class. Superb movie, and I'm into that kind of music so naturally I loved the soundtrack. It's definitely worth a view.

We also ended up watching some of Enemy at the Gates. I haven't seen all of it yet, but based on the part we did see, it's worth watching.

twelve

I'm not dead
I watched it in Year 9 History (Age 13-14). So it's also on the UK curriculum, altho it's really down to the teacher if they think it's necessary.

Slasher

Suck It
I saw The Last House on the Left yesterday and thought it was a decent film. There's nothing really worth remembering, and it was pretty much the exact same as I had expected after seeing the various trailers. Good film, I wouldn't give it a bad rep