• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just started watching Dead Set and it's pretty good so far, just one episode in. IFC is airing them at midnight every day this week and I'm DVR'ing it.

Any of you UK folk watch it when it originally aired over there?

eldiablov

Contributor
I just started watching Dead Set and it's pretty good so far, just one episode in. IFC is airing them at midnight every day this week and I'm DVR'ing it.

I watched it. The end disappointed me though.

MenaceInc

Staff Member

Watched it when it first aired and loved it. I did like the ending but not going to discuss it in fear of spoilers xD

Riorio99

The Social Network was a stunning piece of cinematography. The dialogue was absolutely brilliant and some of the mise-en-scene was complete genius.

It's very, very good, if you like films about the characters rather than what happens to them.

PR0fessor Burnt

Watched Harry Brown just there, brilliant film.

Interesting story focusing on the issue of youth and gun crime in London. Michael Caine puts in a great performance as an elderly man who's terrified of local thugs and goes about getting revenge for his friend getting killed in a local tunnel. Also has Ben Drew (of Plan B fame) and Jack O'Connell (best known as Cook from Skins) acting as two of the young thugs.

I watched Harry Brown last week and I have to agree that it's and excellent film

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Good if: You dont mind homosexuality, Tim Curry, transvestites, obscure musicals, Susan Sarandon's cleavage, no real story plot, gay aliens? and cocks.

Bad if: You dont like all of the above.

Neutral if: You have had a weird crush on Susan Sarandon since I was old enough to masturbate, obscure musicals and gay aliens.

Riorio99

Watched A Dry Summer via Mubi on PS3. It was fairly interesting, but I fell asleep, so it can't have been that great. The Mubi experience and streaming was excellent, however.

El Diablo

I watched Four Lions today, I thought it was hilarious.

eldiablov

Contributor
I watched Grindhouse and thought it sucked. And then I watched Teeth and couldn't quite believe a film like that existed.

Scorned

Watched Run, Lola, Run. Interesting movie, I actually really enjoyed it, it basically outlines the 3 part structure of films in a strangely abrupt way.

And Pineapple Express, must say it was hilarious, had a lot of laughs from it. Can't believe it took me this long to watch it though

january39

eXo Staff
Pineapple express rocks, i love the part where they are sitting in the tree :)

I watched the resident evil 3d film, which is bad, bad, bad. What happened to that film, looks like a 3d cash in to me :(

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Pineapple express rocks, i love the part where they are sitting in the tree :)

I watched the resident evil 3d film, which is bad, bad, bad. What happened to that film, looks like a 3d cash in to me :(

arg, and it's setup for a sequel too, i was so disappointed in the resident evil movie, you have to literally throw out every shred of logic/physics to enjoy the movie imo

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Let Me In is pretty good. I didn't like some of the added effects used for Abby in comparison to Eli in Let The Right One In and still annoyed over Eli's past not being explored. Also, Eli's carer in the original book was a creepy paedophile while it was completely ignored in Let Me In. I did like what they placed instead in regards to Abby and her carer's relationship, it was a sweet touch. It's a lot more gory than the original film as well.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Also watched Crybaby the other day, really enjoyed it. It sounds like a weird film but really liked the 50s style music/clothes/etc in it.

Bill

Watched Citizen Kane - definitely worth a watch. Not really life-changing as many critics would say, but an amazing movie none-the-less, especially for a movie that's nearly 70 years old.

Riorio99

I just finished watching Blade Runner again, and it really is one of the absolute best sci-fi movies, ney, movies in general. Ridley Scott really needs to get off his historical epic binge and get back to making sci-fi, which he is doing with the Alien Prequel, which is good.