• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

If this girl doesn't stop eating meat soon I might stop seeing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Logic :(
Dump her if eating meat is a problem with you. If for some weird reason that never was an option then good luck trying to convert her.

I'll eat extra meat to make up for it. ;)

Gutya

So the entire animal kingdom is guilty of cannibalism then?

Meat tastes awesome, and it provides protein to keep your weak muscles at least somewhat strong.

Because every animal eats meat.

Stop embarassing yourself, Joey.

birdman

is it a problem with all meat?

or just red meat

find out what her favorite meat is and get her to drop the others,

if she likes fishes, no cows or chickens
if she likes cows, no fishes or chickens
if she likes chickens, no fishes or cows
ect...

that way its a move in the right direction. i would also have to wonder how long you two have been together, if it hasn't been too long, i wouldn't try to get her to change anything. you really need a few months behind your belt before you can influence someones decisions directly like that. especially lifestyle changes.

Grimfate126

What the fuck are you talking about?

"Taking in more animal protein than you need causes your body to convert the extra amino acids into organic acids that acidify the bloodstream. The kidneys neutralize the acidity by pushing large amounts of calcium into the urine. So both eating too much protein and too little protein cause osteoporosis."

googled

Can someone justify why eating a plan is fine, but getting an abortion is bad if the baby isn't even like - a baby yet.

no one said abortion was bad or good. i agree, abortions are fine, but some people obviously dont. another topic, another thread :D

mohaas05

I'm going to start a new activist group. The People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture (PETA, not to be confused with PETA). These poor innocent plants are being enslaved by the human race as food, entertainment (Flowerbeds are EVIL!), and building materials (Log cabins aren't so nice anymore, are they?)

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
link?

that would mean that they are also self-conscious.

http://www.department13designs.com/vegan.html

Although they don't have a nervous system like us, they can still feel pain.

Plant Brain: Each root apex harbours a unit of nervous system of plants. The number of root apices in the plant body is high and all brain-units are interconnected via vascular strands (plant nerves) with their polarly-transported auxin (plant neurotransmitter), to form a serial (parallel) nervous system of plants. The computational and informational capacity of this nervous system based on interconnected parallel units is predicted to be higher than that of the diffuse nervous system of lower animals, or the central nervous system of higher animals/humans.

Source: Neurobiological View of Plants and their Body Plan

birdman

there was this one time in my life when i was in an altered state of mind....anyways long story short, the grass was angry because i had stepped on it.

dont eat meat, dont eat plants, dont breathe - there are hundreds of microorganisms going up your nose and you may kill them, eat rocks - they have loads of iron...

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
there was this one time in my life when i was in an altered state of mind....anyways long story short, the grass was angry because i had stepped on it.

dont eat meat, dont eat plants, dont breathe - there are hundreds of microorganisms going up your nose and you may kill them, eat rocks - they have loads of iron...

But rocks are one of god's creations, what now bitch?

Whisper

Logic :(
Freshmilk, it has nothing to do with the topic anymore. It has become a place to justify being vegan or a meat eater.

A thread to preach at the chorus.

Status
Not open for further replies.