• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Robby

Los Doyers!
I wish they wouldnt have announced they can jailbreak a iPod cuz now I cant wait.

Sullivan

lol, I am glad. I won't waste anymore money on the "flawed" app store.

I wish the majority of devs went open source or free on a lot of the apps, like they did with the G1.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Now that I know its possible and its within reach, I want it now.
I wish they would have just surprised us and released it one day.

Sullivan

I would rather have it announced and then released. I really want some emulators! YA!

Hellcat

Contributor
With a JailBreak for the iPod touch 2G, we're buying my GF one, and I'll care of the thing :D

We already switched plans to head for an iPod Classic 80G (iTouch is no fun w/o JailBreak, so more space was a rather good alternative), but now that just changed back to plan A :)

Sullivan

I sold my 80Gb 5.5 gen to a friend for 200$ and then got 150$ from my dad to buy my 32gb touch. It was a sweet deal!

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Update on Jailbreak

iPhone Dev Team said:
Update 1: Here is the first screenshot of a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G. Right now the jailbreak process is far too manual to be useful to most people. But this is a first step (well, second step if you include the initial exploit).

When we announced yellowsn0w, we made the mistake of giving an ETA for its release…and that really clobbered the last day of 2008 for us. So we won’t be issuing a formal ETA for the ipt2G jailbreak. But we are putting a lot of energy into it.

ipt2gmt.png

Update 2: A picture is worth a 1000 words but a video might be better in this day of Photoshop and fake YouTube videos. So we’re thinking of doing what we did before Christmas for yellowsn0w — show a demo of the jailbreak on Musclenerd’s Qik account (announced via his twitter over there on the right hand side).

No estimated release. That could mean this might take longer than expected.

The Jailbreak shouldn't take too long, they've already found the exploit and utilized it. I think the lack of an ETA is just to allow the Dev team to work at their own pace, which is acceptable considering they just started working on the iPod Touch 2G Jailbreak.

Just out of curiosity, what's the first thing you're going to do on your jailbroken iPod Touch 2G?

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Just out of curiosity, what's the first thing you're going to do on your jailbroken iPod Touch 2G?

That's if I even do it, but possibly get emulators, although I've been told they suck. Not for the free apps though, I'm an Apple Dev, so it hurts me.

Update to the post.

Some people are such asses these days, they aren't to be trusted. :angry:

Vee

It looks like they've got it nailed down, they just need to wrap it in the plastic celephane that is a good GUI.

-chw42-

Like a Boss