• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

_Syn

At least now we know that they ARE working on a 2G Jailbreak. We just now have to anticipate it, oh God, that's horrible. :(. It could take a few months before its release.

eighty4

Making a theme for the iPod isn't difficult. That's why you see too many mediocre ones out there. You just put the icons in png form with their proper names in an Icon folder and drop it in Winterboard.

For example, Cydia is in /Library/Themes/THEMENAME/Icons/Cydia.png. Also, if you are going to iPTF or MMi for themes - you're are DEFINETLY in the wrong place. You need to visit macthemes.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Hmmm.... I'm, Neilstheman from Qj. Can I be in?

I remember you! You were on my team for a while. Sure, why not.

Additional Comment:
Making a theme for the iPod isn't difficult. That's why you see too many mediocre ones out there. You just put the icons in png form with their proper names in an Icon folder and drop it in Winterboard.

For example, Cydia is in /Library/Themes/THEMENAME/Icons/Cydia.png. Also, if you are going to iPTF or MMi for themes - you're are DEFINETLY in the wrong place. You need to visit macthemes.

I know, it's like making PTFs. Since I get to work with lilfibz and s3v3n2, we know about innovation. :)

Additional Comment:
Hm. Maybe... you know how?

It's not very hard. Once you set your feet, it'll be easy. There's no 256 color restrictions or editing prx's. It's much simpler than PSP theme making.

Additional Comment:
The 2G is jailbroken. That was shown through the video demo. However, their problem right now is that the JB isn't permanent. Everytime you restart the iPod, you will have to jailbreak once again. That's what they're working on right now. I'd give it at least a week for an actual release. They have the GUI down and everything.

Mister Chief

That isn't the GUI they'll use.

MuscleNerd said it will be packaged in a quickpwn type package already as they want to make it as user friendly as possible which in its current state is not.

I'm currently uploading the demo to my youtube account and will post it here when I'm done.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
That isn't the GUI they'll use.

MuscleNerd said it will be packaged in a quickpwn type package already as they want to make it as user friendly as possible which in its current state is not.

I'm currently uploading the demo to my youtube account and will post it here when I'm done.

I know, but they have the GUI part of it down. They still have to code it, but it won't take that long.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Has anyone had WIFI issues with your Touches? Mine's been working fine for the last 5 months at least and all of a sudden today it won't connect to my router. I'm using the right password (believe me, I've tried multiple times with the original and even changing it) but it's giving me problems.

Anyone know a possible fix? :cry:

Mister Chief

I know, but they have the GUI part of it down. They still have to code it, but it won't take that long.

We don't know that but I tend to agree with you.

MuscleNerd has appeared to be very confident about it's quick release before the demo was released.

If I had to guess I would say it will be relased next Sunday which is the day on which the dev team like to make releases ( They call it Funday ).

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Has anyone had WIFI issues with your Touches? Mine's been working fine for the last 5 months at least and all of a sudden today it won't connect to my router. I'm using the right password (believe me, I've tried multiple times with the original and even changing it) but it's giving me problems.

Mine's fine, but it's been acting weird after I turn it on from sleep. It takes like 10-15 seconds for the wifi to be detected sometimes.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
We don't know that but I tend to agree with you.

MuscleNerd has appeared to be very confident about it's quick release before the demo was released.

If I had to guess I would say it will be relased next Sunday which is the day on which the dev team like to make releases ( They call it Funday ).

I'm guessing next Sunday at the earliest.

I was talking about how the GUI coding wouldn't take that long. I still think the jailbreak itself might take 4-5 days to tinker. Depending on how much time the team puts into it. They all have lives, so I don't think they're going to work on this endlessly.

Mister Chief

Well if this in depth FAQ is to believed it sounds like it could take a long time if it is even possible.

MuscleNerd just posted a video follow up which provides a tiny bit of insight and some further proof to the validity of the jailbreak:

[YT]sVAVFtNVR3s[/YT]

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Mine's fine, but it's been acting weird after I turn it on from sleep. It takes like 10-15 seconds for the wifi to be detected sometimes.

Thanks for the help chw42. It ended up being really weird... My router was unplugged a couple days ago and it must've glitched and set my Touch as a blocked Mac address... It's fixed now :sleep:

-chw42-

Like a Boss
The dev team won't release the patch at its current state due to a) it's not noob-proof and b) you need illegal files that contain Apple code. I think most of us know this, but since so many people own iPods and ask stupid questions, MuscleNerd had to answer that himself.

"The manual method would require us to also redistribute software we have no legal right to redistribute. "

IntenseDebate - User Profile

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();

My school has some weird tcairport wifi connection that my ipod tries to connect to sometimes then after it wont connect the anything else. This hasn't happened for a while but im pretty sure all i needed to do was reboot. Can you connect to other wifi spots?