• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iRShell Fixed EBOOT for 3k

insane

it will work but still you cant run iso.. no?

That is correct. We(psp 3000 and ta-088v3 users) need an irspatch.prx that is compatible with firmware 5.03, in order to play iso's using irshell. As far as I know this does not exist yet.

SquidgyB

Just in case any 3000 owners are still having problems installing this;

Don't copy over the "seplugins" folder when installing. Just copy over "IRSHELL" and "ms0\PSP\GAME\irshell2x3x" folders, copy the patch files as described in the first post, and start from the xmb as you would a game or any other homebrew application.

afteralter

S for Surreal
Just in case any 3000 owners are still having problems installing this;

Don't copy over the "seplugins" folder when installing. Just copy over "IRSHELL" and "ms0\PSP\GAME\irshell2x3x" folders, copy the patch files as described in the first post, and start from the xmb as you would a game or any other homebrew application.

iRShell isn't really good for 3k's yet.. also for 2k's with TA-088v3 i think

SquidgyB

iRShell isn't really good for 3k's yet.. also for 2k's with TA-088v3 i think

Aye, not a lot works tbh, though it's my first time using IRShell so I don't really know of it's capabilities. Streaming isos over wireless doesn't work, though I can view them ok using nethost.

Looks like a great piece of software, provided someone, somewhere, gets it working for 3ks...

e: It is a great piece of software, regardless. It'd just be nicer still if it worked with 3000s :D

kosta

hey i have a psp 3000(duh) and ive got the 5.03 firmware installed (official) and im able to use chickenr2 thing and load custom firmware am i able to use the irshell or not

SquidgyB

hey i have a psp 3000(duh) and ive got the 5.03 firmware installed (official) and im able to use chickenr2 thing and load custom firmware am i able to use the irshell or not

Yes, provided you have CFWE enabled through chickhen then IRShell should work (albeit with limited functionality on a PSP 3000).

Just install IRShell as instructed on their homepage, but DO NOT COPY the seplugins folder. Copy over the two files in the OP of this thread and you should be able to start IRShell as you would any other homebrew.

kosta

thanks now all i need is to get plugins working(ps i dont know if u care but+1 to ur rep)

hey wheres the screen shots placed and am i able to change skin if so where can i find some good skins

SquidgyB

No worries. Cheers for the rep, I'm not too fussed about it tbh :D

Just to check, I assume you're dropping the plugin files into "seplugins" on the root of your memory card. Then, depending on the type of plugin (game, xmb or pops) you need to add a line into game.txt, vsh.txt or (going from memory now) pops.txt.

The line should be the path of the plugin file, along with a "1" or a "0" to enable/disable the plugin. I think you might enable the plugin differently in the Gen CFWE, I use MHU now, so there's no plugin menu to enable/disable them.

I hope this makes sense...

kosta

yeah i got it even before i read your message lol. last question(i hope) is their a way 2 ensure that the chickHen exploit works every time or am i dreaming(considering buying psp 1000 or 2000 cause im getting annoyed with psp 3000)

EDIT :er does the screen shot button work with irshell (on 3000)

SquidgyB

Chickhen will not work everytime. As much as everyone has "a method" to get it working 100%, Davee himself has confirmed that from a technical standpoint it will never be 100%. It has to do with the status of the RAM within the PSP, which can be slightly different each time you boot up.

I think the screenshot button works, because I had a screenshot from within IRShell in my photos directory after playing around with it. I don't remember clicking on the button, but that said, my memory is shot to hell, and I was clicking on things randomly to see what they do (not the best idea with homebrew on a 3000, I know).

Oh, and that screenshot stopped Hen from working for a while... I was for a good 20 minutes rebooting/trying hen, and only when I removed the screenshot (and the folder it was in) that hen started working correctly again.

kosta

er i dont wanna be an ass but i got hen working with the plugins lol i have a 1 gb memory stick with hen and no plugins and a 4gb memory stick with allmy games and guess what 1 in 2 chance it works the first time and it always works 2nd time great way though

i have theory on how to get it working less files on memory card with hen more chance idk if is true

0klah0ma

if you want to use the functionality of irshell's patch irspatch.prx... there's a fix... i am now able to play psx over adhoc and i am using a cursed mobo... another thing is i can transfer wifi files over another psp... and lastly play my umd backup games in .iso and .cso mode...
oh another one because of the fix... i am able to play my games via my external hard-drive

although this is risky it deals with flash0... look for bosshunter's tutorial at dark-alex forums... he made it happen

afteralter

S for Surreal
if you want to use the functionality of irshell's patch irspatch.prx... there's a fix... i am now able to play psx over adhoc and i am using a cursed mobo... another thing is i can transfer wifi files over another psp... and lastly play my umd backup games in .iso and .cso mode...
oh another one because of the fix... i am able to play my games via my external hard-drive

although this is risky it deals with flash0... look for bosshunter's tutorial at dark-alex forums... he made it happen

uhhh.. by the term cursed mobo.. you have a 2k (ta-088v3) right??

bosshunter

bosshunter

Yeah, when I made that post you had not yet released the patch. IRshell compatibility with the 3000 is what I most wanted for a long time so thank you very much man, also since I have a 3000 I can test the M33 no umd mode for you. ps: your patch also works on 5.03 gen-a.

Yeah, I made the tutorial on the next day. Sorry about that. ^^
Today I'm gonna try the new patch on a 3000 of a friend of mine. :D

insane

Okay, bosshunter has released the new m33 no-umd patch for irshell. View the link he had told me to visit and you will learn all you need to know, if you are running cfwe. I guess I should mention my experience with this as I am running Gen-A(full) on my 3000... basically after trying every other method I could think of, the only way I was able to run this patch was to go into my flash and decrypt the pspbtjnf.bin and remove the ms0:/kd/irspach.prx line from it then re-encrypt it and put the newly encrypted file back in /kd, then load up gen, IRshell and run the patch. If there is an easier way to use this patch with Gen-A(full), please someone come foward with it. Let me say again thank you, everyone who made it possible to use cfw and IRshell on my 3000.

0klah0ma

dude bosshunter himself has already made the quick patcher... try to look for it under the general talk section (d-a forums english corner)...

credits to bosshunter! :closedeyes: