• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

July Monday 26 - August Monday 2 Fitness hell

Brad

Yoshimi
Been much more active this year then ever before so I'm gonna test myself this up coming week. With only one summer final left and having the entire week off work I'm gonna see what I can pull off.

Plan: (Accomplished in a week)
  • 15 Miles a day mountain biking. (7 days straight 105 Miles Total) [Trail Map]
  • 1500 Push Ups
  • You Pick

I'm gonna start tomorrow so give me any ideas for a 3rd form of fitness to incorporate throughout the week..

Thanks internet bros and wish me luck

Joey

Swim/Run X amount of miles? 500 pull ups? 2000 sit ups?

I don't know, there's literally an infinite amount of things you could do... I could possibly do the bike thing, but 1500 push ups would be a challenge. I could do it, but it would have to rest A LOT between sets of 15-20.

Good luck to you man, I wish I had your kind of commitment.

Brad

Yoshimi
Swim/Run X amount of miles? 500 pull ups? 2000 sit ups?

I don't know, there's literally an infinite amount of things you could do... I could possibly do the bike thing, but 1500 push ups would be a challenge. I could do it, but it would have to rest A LOT between sets of 15-20.

Good luck to you man, I wish I had your kind of commitment.

Thanks man

I'm sorta concerned about the day to day effect. Without a rest day its gonna be a hard thing to pull off. The mtn bike trail I picked is off camber with allot of rough terrain and climbs.

Sits up may be good gonna think on it overnight.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
woah...good luck :|

I'd say maybe a certain number of laps at a swimming pool?

Joey

Thanks man

I'm sorta concerned about the day to day effect. Without a rest day its gonna be a hard thing to pull off. The mtn bike trail I picked is off camber with allot of rough terrain and climbs.

Sits up may be good gonna think on it overnight.

Yeah, honestly, because of the lack of rest, I'd think you'd want to do one of those at a time. I don't really know how healthy it is to push your self that hard. You might be risking injury.

Your goals aren't unreachable in and of them selves, but man, that seems like a lot of stress to put on your body with out giving it time to heal. Personally, I'd lower each individual goal a bit, or only try to do the two legs you mentioned.

If you're goal is too just build your fitness even further, then Try to do it over 8 or 9 days at least, with one or two rest days mixed in. If you're trying to see how far you can push your self, then I say go nuts. Your body will let you know when you've had enough.

Make sure you report back with what you're able to pull off, I'm genuinely interested. As a person who's growing increasingly interested in fitness, I'm quite intrigued by your pursuit.

Cryox

Bro.
If you have access to a pool, do a 1000 meter (40 lengths) or so swim each day or something. Pretty simple but it should help. And if you aren't a swimmer (doesn't sound like you are), do a broken 1000 meter to make it easier. Swim 100 m, 15 second rest, 100, 15 sec rest and so on or something. break it up however you want.

Sit ups are also good, do those.

Brad

Yoshimi
15 Miles and the first 220 push ups went pretty easy. I got a math final at the end of the week and a bunch of other random shit I wanna do this week so I'm gonna stick with two for now instead of tacking on something else.

Today was easy but without a rest day I bet my legs will be pretty thrashed soon this week.

Day one done on to day two tomorrow :argh:

Edit: Going good so far