• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kathy's PSP Hacking 101

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
I remember reading from a tutorial somewhere that you can't have any other images in the X:\PICTURE folder if you have the ChickHEN images. I was able to run ChickHEN even with other images. :)

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
Theoretically, can I directly install 5.03 GEN-C to a PSP2K with 3.90 M33-3? Yes or No? :)

Ray

I would advise you to go straight to 5.50 GEN-D3 (last GEN version if am not mistaken) since that psp can fully run CFW

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
I found this useful *edited* table:

HackablePSPs-2.png

Source:
Code:
http://forums.pspslimhacks.com/user-help/121-psp-hackable-allow-me-answer.html

I'm probably one of the odd ones out there who likes CFW via ChickHEN method better than the permanent CFWs. :biggrin:

I've a 3K so it's not like I've got any other option, but I've to like the ChickHEN method more because it only runs from the RAM and does not touch the flash compared to the permanent CFW method, therefore with ChickHEN, it's theoretically impossible to brick the PSP3K or any other model for that matter.

So even with other people's PSP, CHA or PHA, I go for ChickHEN-CFW when I update them. Also, to be extra careful since the PSP isn't mine. Saves me from being held liable if anything happens to the unit because the process is easily reversible. :)

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
Hello guys, my 5.03 GEN-C is working like a charm, but I'm tempted with the new 6.20 TN-C. Is it worth the update?