• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2 or Resistance?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm looking to buy a second FPS this weekend, and I'm looking for opinions on whether I should buy KZ2 or R1...

Thoughts?

Adiuvo

KZ2 by far. Online is still alive and fun to play.

Dan

Contributor
Killzone 2, the multiplayer is brilliant, as well as the story mode. Also it'll get you pumped for KZ3 :D

Btw, if you get it, add me.

Riorio99

Killzone 2 is far superior to Resistance 1 in almost every way. Although, you can probably get both for very few monies now. R1 was a launch title, and K2 sold a crap tonne.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I decided to get KZ2 will all the postivie feedback I got here :p

Also I got Unreal Tournament 3 a few days earlier and a friend of mine is getting Resistance 1 for himself aswell as possibly KZ2.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
UT3 has no soul.

However, some of the mods are great, I was playing as Old Snake a few months ago :scared:

I didn't like UT3 at all... And this is a very good way to describe it.

I can understand how some people might not like UT at all... I've been a huge fan ever since the original UT days, and I must be one of the few games I don't expect a story out of... Just awesome weapons, people to kill and mindless fun... All the UT games have done that for me, and I'll be very disappointed if UT3 doesn't tbh

edit: nothing beats the feeling of wiping 8 or 9 oponents with one shot of redeemer xD