• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Kurok PSP Demo v0.2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sshot34.jpg

Initially released last week, the Turok-inspired first person shooter Kurok has received an update that features a sizable number of additions and changes, notably including the ability to select team colors in multiplayer and toggle basic options such as auto-aim and map exits.

The full changelog can be found past the break, courtesy of homebrew developer MDave.[blockquote2]Additions

* Soldier enemies now throw grenades on Normal, Hard and Intense difficulties.
* Red and Blue team skin colors in team multiplayer games, bottom color now selects either Red or Blue team.
* Option in the Misc. menu to brighten certain models, turning this off gives a slight speed boost.
* Option in the multiplayer menu to turn on/off auto-aim.
* Option in the multiplayer menu to turn on/off map exits.
* New missile model for the rocket launcher and grenade launcher.
* New plasma ball effect for the secondary function of the grenade launcher.
* Extra deathmatch and co-op spawn points in single player maps (no more crazy telefragging).
* New icon and background image for the Normal and Slim EBOOTS.
* Loading screen background image.

Changes

* Expanded the Base Arena multiplayer map (kdm2).
* Split up the pak files for faster & easier patching.
* The config file now shows subtle realistic view movement, and fixed default controls.
* Increased speed of plasma ball and reduced its collision size.

Fixes

* Tekbow crashing the game if you charge an arrow as soon as you change a map/load a save game.
* Clipping problem in Canyon Testing map (e1m3).
* Remote mines floating in mid air on spawn points.[/blockquote2]Download Kurok PSP Demo v0.2

Kurok - Official Website [Kurok]

fungusinmymilk

<p>looks promising...</p>
<p>...but i cannot seem to get past the loading screen! once firing up the eboot the loading screen appears and after about 6 seconds the memory stick access indicater stops flashing and the system seems to hang.</p>
<p>trying to return to the XMB causes the psp to freeze and i have to turn it off</p>
<p>i am using a PSP-2000 running 3.90 m33-3</p>
<p>my kernel is set to 3.90</p>
<p>any help would be greatly appreciated! looking forward to trying this out</p>
<p>ps: is there a way to reduce the amount of time you have to wait between making posts on this site? its a bit rediculous!</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hm, did you copy over all the files? After you transfer the EBOOT over, there's another group of files and folders located in "PSP\GAME\KurokPSP" that need to be placed alongside the EBOOT.

How long do you have to wait before making comments? It's set at around 30 seconds I believe.

fungusinmymilk

<p>i put the slim eboot into the 'KurokPSP' folder and copied that whole folder to the GAME folder.</p>
<p>does it make any difference what kernel mode i have set?</p>
<p>the only other thing i could think of is i might have a .prx like FuSa enabled that is incompatible with Kurok, ill try that out later today</p>

fungusinmymilk

<p>I was right! build 32 of The TV Out program 'FuSa' is incompatible release. ill let the FuSa people know</p>
<p>as for Kurok, it was very impressive, so far ive played the first 3 missions, its very good!</p>
<p>still needs a fair bit, in terms of some music and getting rid of a few bugs, but its extremely impressive for one persons work</p>
<p>looking forward to trying out the multiplayer!</p>

Richlando

<p>Very good work so far.It did crash my psp when I accessed the help screen.It says page 1-6 and when trying to go past page 2 it crashes.Good job though,looking forward to future updates.</p>