• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Magic the Gathering: Who plays?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I've today bought my first cards after my retirement a few years ago and I'm back in the game...

I'd like to know here who plays, and what's your favorite colors and cards? What do you think of the game?

Speak your heart out :p

Hellcat

Contributor
I played back then when there were only two expansions sets.

I stopped playing and sold all my cards when it became too much a comerciyl rip-off.
A new expansion set every two months and if you wanted to keep playing you had to get the new cards as they were more powerfull than the old ones, you didn't stand a chance when not keeping up with buying the new ones....

Can't remember what color I played *lol* something like red-green and sometimes blue, I think

A fun combo is black-white :D (the whites to counter the self suffering of the black ones *lol*)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I used to be a master of the Blue magic and control my opponents moves by countering their permanents, taking control of them and using them against their owners xD

The was epic'd when I beat a guy so bad he wanted to kill me after the match xD he was not a veterna like me, but very skilled, and he still got the arse kicking of a lifetime xD i don't blame him though, the game I played was so dirty it'd screw anyone's mind xD

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I used to play as well but I think it was 7th edition (or 8th edition?) that came out that just threw me over the edge. There were just too many new sets coming out and I wasn't ready to learn all those new cards. I had some pretty basic build decks but they proved to be pretty deadly :) I still have them around somewhere...

It was great to just get a set box and do a small tourney with the packs inside.

For anyone who's still into it I recommend checking out gamingetc.com

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I played back then when there were only two expansions sets.

I stopped playing and sold all my cards when it became too much a comerciyl rip-off.
A new expansion set every two months and if you wanted to keep playing you had to get the new cards as they were more powerfull than the old ones, you didn't stand a chance when not keeping up with buying the new ones....

Can't remember what color I played *lol* something like red-green and sometimes blue, I think

A fun combo is black-white :D (the whites to counter the self suffering of the black ones *lol*)

I used to play as well but I think it was 7th edition (or 8th edition?) that came out that just threw me over the edge. There were just too many new sets coming out and I wasn't ready to learn all those new cards. I had some pretty basic build decks but they proved to be pretty deadly :) I still have them around somewhere...

It was great to just get a set box and do a small tourney with the packs inside.

For anyone who's still into it I recommend checking out gamingetc.com

Being I seasoned player (played from 14 to 19) I can tell you that it isn't hard at all to keep up with the cards, plus it's not about collecting them all, that would be pointless. It about making the best possible decks and rising to the challege everytime you play.

My favorite deck ever (even if the original combo concept wasn't mine) was a red/white Astral Slide/Lightning Rift deck... It was beyond awesome...

Sliderkk

I played when it was a fad, along with Bionicles, Pokemon TCG, Yu-Gi-Oh TCG and Beyblades. The fads died and my interest for these things died with them.

I still have every Bionicle can set released and all the comics though.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I played when it was real popular, then I stopped and started doing other things.

explosions

This was never really popular around here. I think i may have seen an ad on TV once, but that's about it. Beyblades were what caught on around here. lol I got white one(Dragoon, I think?), made it spin on my table, and it went off the side, but when it did I guess it hit the weight disk just right, and it flew like 15 feet across the room. I was amazed. XD

Sliderkk

Every dude had Bionicles back in grade two... I brought back the fad in grade five by accident. We would battle them at recess, To win you would have to demask the opponent.

Moose

Meta Moose
I used to play MtG. It was about 4 years ago so I can't remember anything about it though... :p I used to buy my cards from eBay. I had a killer deck (I had 3 decks but only one I used frequently) that was, and this is all I can remember, comprised of blue coloured cards.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I went to the Zendikar pre-release Sealed Deck tournament (it was my first tournament in 6 or 7 years) and I had tons of fun...

I really like the addition on Planeswalker cards, they bring a whole new dimension to the game.

Other than that seems like everything is pretty much the same. And I mean that in a good way. I have made two deck already and I might be making a third one.