• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Medal of Honor Requires PSJailbreak-Killing PS3 Firmware 3.42

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
moh.jpg

It was inevitable: according to user "lineX7" over at the PSX-Scene forums, the PS3 version of Medal of Honor requires firmware 3.42 to play. This, of course, is the same firmware that renders all forms of the PSJailbreak hack inoperable.

Given how quick the 3.42 update itself was released to prevent those with jailbroken units from accessing PSN resources, Sony's swift response comes as little surprise.

Said user also confirms that simple workarounds, such as modifying the game's SFO file to reference an earlier firmware, simply result in the PS3 throwing a "80010019" error[...]

Continue reading: Medal of Honor Requires PSJailbreak-Killing PS3 Firmware 3.42...

Riorio99

...and so it begins. IF Black Ops comes with this or a higher update, then shits gonna hit the fan between hackers and Sony.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just like how the PSP scene was. To play new games, you either had to update or wait til a new exploit/cfw came out.

But this game isn't work the upgrade judging from the beta, but if future games do this then that's where the tough decisions come.

Colm

What happened to that firmware loader software? Can't we emulate 3.42?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What happened to that firmware loader software? Can't we emulate 3.42?

3.42 isn't exploitable so no. There's no way to obtain the firmware files yet. PS3 doesn't have a PSARDumper equivalent either. I'm sure it will come in time though.

january39

eXo Staff
This was always going to happen, i am surprised how quickly they intergrated it though - i thought (and still do) that Black ops would need a forced fw update to run...guess i was right. :(

That said, my ps3 is not hacked.

darthnadar

This is my Layman's understanding, First off, this may be the first game, but the there is already a few work--rounds for those who are on fw. 3.41 or lower ( a few other fws. recently given psgroove support, more incoming)There are ways no current ways to emulate fw. higher than 3.41 at this time, but the requirement can be met or pulled in two ways: either you shrink the game and pull the update files from the game. the other way is to change a file or two i am not sure which ones though there are guides, which will allow you to play the games. The last two updates do not add anything substantive to improve how the the game plays.
"x3sphere says:
3.42 isn't exploitable so no. There's no way to obtain the firmware files yet. PS3 doesn't have a PSARDumper equivalent either. I'm sure it will come in time though."
Everything is exploitable!
Satellites. Banks. Military Networks. BluRay. Even the Holy Grail of of encryption FW. 3.42 and above.
I have been waiting for this story to update for like three days to reveal that the work around has been found and, I guess it has to be me to tell the world.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I dont know why but the failed quote blows my mind a little bit.

Has anyone actually played this game? If so, what are your thoughts?

ilyace

I dont know why but the failed quote blows my mind a little bit.

Has anyone actually played this game? If so, what are your thoughts?

From playing the multiplayer beta I thought it was pretty lame. It didn't have anything special that would make me choose MoH over any CoD or even battlefield. Maybe the singleplayer makes it worth it, idk.

Riorio99

The beta kinda sucked, but then again, it was Beta. It could be awesome now after some feedback, and the single player could be truly amazing.

But yeah, in my experience, it sucked.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I dont think much can compare to CoD but I was hoping MoH was comparable to Battlefield at least. I was actually hoping this game would revamp the MoH title since, IMO all the MoH games in the past have completely sucked.

Ill probably end up picking it up on discount.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I dont think much can compare to CoD but I was hoping MoH was comparable to Battlefield at least. I was actually hoping this game would revamp the MoH title since, IMO all the MoH games in the past have completely sucked.

Ill probably end up picking it up on discount.

Imo Battlefield blows CoD out of the water. I enjoy Bad Company 2 way more then MW2. BC2 doesn't have that bullshit that plagues MW2

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Imo Battlefield blows CoD out of the water. I enjoy Bad Company 2 way more then MW2. BC2 doesn't have that bullshit that plagues MW2

Are you talking about the multiplayer portion or the entire game as a whole?

Im referring to the entire entity not just the multiplayer - the mechanics, the art style, the controls, etc

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yes the entire game.
But mainly the online play.

But single player wise, I did enjoy BC2 more.
Again, all my opinion.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I didn't hate the beta once I got leveled up a bit, and enjoyed the option to choose offensive or support kill streak rewards. I'll be grabbing this tomorrow to keep me busy with a shooter until Black Ops.

TeamOverload

I pre-ordered it early this morning on Amazon, after I decided to cave in. At least I'll still be getting it on launch day and with the $20 gaming credit, can't complain too much. That'll just get taken out of my New Vegas pre-order, and then the credit from that will get taken from RB3, so I'm doing well right now in that aspect.

Might I add however, that I'm a bit concerned by the lack of reviews for the game, with it less than 12 hours away. Let's hope it ends up being a worthy purchase.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Just played Medal of Honor on my banned xbox. Single Player was OK, didn't really feel a story. Can't try online yet but maybe that will keep me interested. Took me a little over 5 hours to beat it on Hard.
I pre-ordered it early this morning on Amazon, after I decided to cave in. At least I'll still be getting it on launch day and with the $20 gaming credit, can't complain too much. That'll just get taken out of my New Vegas pre-order, and then the credit from that will get taken from RB3, so I'm doing well right now in that aspect.

Might I add however, that I'm a bit concerned by the lack of reviews for the game, with it less than 12 hours away. Let's hope it ends up being a worthy purchase.
RB3 is awesome. Was playing it today because it got leaked, really really awesome.

TeamOverload

Yeah, it looks it. I'm so pumped for that game. Going to have to pick up the symbols for pro drums, and probably gram the midi adapter as well, so my girlfriend can play Pro Keys with her keyboard. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Back on topic, surprised you didn't feel much of a story, with all the focus they've been putting on the narrative with the trailers.