• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal/Hardcore Discussion Thread!

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Wooooooooo Seeing BTBAM tonight :D so stoked!

Dan

Contributor
Jelly, seeing them later this year anyway. Also, new black dahlia.

[video=youtube;yDEvqdw2fmA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDEvqdw2fmA[/video]

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
Yes, so much that I was oversaturated and now can barely stand to listen to anything produce last decade :/

Its a musical trend, like all music

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Love for BDM, going to London later this year to see them I think. However, like all bands I have my criticism, if you listen to a band called Arsis (Ryan Knight's old band) some of the riffs are dangerously similar and just sounds like Arsis with Trev on vocals (which I don't have a problem with) I just wished they stayed like the BDM I love.

Just found out that the Manchester BTBAM date is a 90 minute slot..MINIMUM. Trying to get AAA as we speak.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Yeah man, they freaking owned, the show was sold out which I thought was pretty surprising. Other than getting my gatorade bottle full of Captain Morgan confiscated at the door it was the best concert I have ever been to! They played

The Parallax EP
Sun Of Nothing
Ants of The Sky
cool ambient jam thing
5 minutes of Swim to the Moon (part with guitar solo and keyboard solos)
Drum solo
Fossil Genera
*leave stage

Encore:
SELKIES

MenaceInc

Staff Member
why on earth were you drinking cpt Morgan at a gig, all about coors light and ice water

Rum > Beer. I'd rather not drink at any gig though to be honest. If I want to go see a band play, I want to be able to remember it the next day.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Haha, I prefer Cptn and coke, it's my favorite alcoholic drink (so far). And yeah same I usually stay sober for concerts, but I didn't really care for The Ocean or Job for a Cowboy, so by the time they were done the effects had worn off for BTBAM so it all worked out perfectly haha. I can't say the same for my friends though haha

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
I GO TO GIGS TO FIGHT AND CAUSE MAYHEM I LOVE BEER

Nah in all seriousness, when it comes to gigs, Weed > Everything.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Nice festival in Leeds UK coming up this year called Ghostfest (if you're into just metal and you want a good gig) run by a good friend of mine

215240_207248885969406_109916129036016_724943_1013130_n.jpg

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
There's a tonne of good bands on there, however there are also some full on trend based bands, with trend followers haha