• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MfM Logo Re-design (Inputs, Submissions, Concepts, etc.)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well I wanted it to resemble the site's image in one way or another, the current logo doesn't seem to represent us. Like I mentioned, Engadget has the radio waves (which makes sense since they are a gadget blog, wifi/radio waves are pretty common knowledge and identifiable to most people who read the site).

The other problem I had with the current logo was it wasn't easy to transfer it into a watermark (the white text proved troublesome to show up properly in images/video. Also I was hoping we could form a "logo" that is identifiable without the inclusion of our "for mature" text, so two M's together would suit us better or even the ESRB rating design (although I'm pretty sure modeling our logo after that would enter some grey area in copyright protection).

For example (for watermark purposes the double M's could be used without the text and people should still be able to identify it with our site. The other image, the M within a box somewhat resembles the ESRB rating, again, allowing readers to identify it with our site.

I was just throwing ideas out and wanted to see what the community could come up with. I like the design of the current logo, but I just wanted to see what others could come up with since we just kind of went with this logo after Nevada came up with it and didn't really look back since then.

I don't like my designs either, but that's why I've created this thread: to see what people could do with the concepts I put forth or to get their input, like you've given (current logo being fine).

As far as the watermark issue goes, just take the logo and cut out the wavy lines. Then if needed put a black semi-transparent rectangle behind it or something. That would make it stand out easily on white backgrounds, and still look good.

Cryox

Bro.
if you need something to put in videos (watermark), you could use something like the image below, very similar to the ESRB one, yeah, but it is different.
mfm.png

(~2 minutes in paint. By no means supposed to be quality)

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Well I wanted it to resemble the site's image in one way or another, the current logo doesn't seem to represent us. Like I mentioned, Engadget has the radio waves (which makes sense since they are a gadget blog, wifi/radio waves are pretty common knowledge and identifiable to most people who read the site).

The other problem I had with the current logo was it wasn't easy to transfer it into a watermark (the white text proved troublesome to show up properly in images/video. Also I was hoping we could form a "logo" that is identifiable without the inclusion of our "for mature" text, so two M's together would suit us better or even the ESRB rating design (although I'm pretty sure modeling our logo after that would enter some grey area in copyright protection).

For example (for watermark purposes the double M's could be used without the text and people should still be able to identify it with our site. The other image, the M within a box somewhat resembles the ESRB rating, again, allowing readers to identify it with our site.

I was just throwing ideas out and wanted to see what the community could come up with. I like the design of the current logo, but I just wanted to see what others could come up with since we just kind of went with this logo after Nevada came up with it and didn't really look back since then.

I don't like my designs either, but that's why I've created this thread: to see what people could do with the concepts I put forth or to get their input, like you've given (current logo being fine).

As a technical third-party I associate the M with MforMature. Reason being is that it says MforMature, so naturally the big M stands for both M's, so making both M's fancy would insinuate that there is a second meaning, when it's one thing.

It's like there's a logo, then it's telling us what it means, so to speak.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
As a technical third-party I associate the M with MforMature. Reason being is that it says MforMature, so naturally the big M stands for both M's, so making both M's fancy would insinuate that there is a second meaning, when it's one thing.

It's like there's a logo, then it's telling us what it means, so to speak.

Yeah I know what you are saying, I thought about that afterwards ;) Which is why I created the second concept image without two M's combined

Dan

Contributor
I like the logo as it is, I just think the arrows behind the 'm' are a little messed up.

I know what you're getting at Frozen, but maybe just the 'm' would be fine, after a little clean up, that is.

Moose

Meta Moose
Here's an idea:

mfmlogo.png

Looks pretty bad against a black background... I can always mess around with the colours, gradient, etc if you like the idea.

Cryox

Bro.
Here's an idea:

[qimg]http://img2.pict.com/d6/70/dd/2759006/0/mfmlogo.png[/qimg]

Looks pretty bad against a black background... I can always mess around with the colours, gradient, etc if you like the idea.

That looks pretty cool. Kinda plain though.

RoBz

sucker
Moose's second one is the best so far in this thread imo, not sure that it beats our current one though.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I don't mind the current one, but I wouldn't be against a new one.
As long as you don't slap a picture of the earth behind it, I won't be complaining.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
if you need something to put in videos (watermark), you could use something like the image below, very similar to the ESRB one, yeah, but it is different.
[qimg]http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o454/thebeastlyboy15/Forums/mfm.png[/qimg]
(~2 minutes in paint. By no means supposed to be quality)

I like the whole "Monkey with a crayon" approach.

Dan

Contributor
Based on Moose's suggestion:

x6d5x4.png

- or something.

This whole thread is a kick in the balls to whoever designed it tbh.

Scorned

I'm pretty sure Nevada designed it, along with the whole forum outlook, although I might be wrong on that.

But his logo beats everybodies attempts by far, so unless something comes and blows it out of the water, there really isn't a great backing to change the logo.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Based on Moose's suggestion:

[qimg]http://i47.tinypic.com/x6d5x4.png[/qimg]

- or something.

Do I care what Nevada thinks? Nahh ;)

EDIT: People don't seem to be getting it...but that comment is sarcasm, I've already talked to Nevada about this thread/idea

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
For the record, Nevada produced the logo for us and a lot of the icons and gradients are from his "cerebrum" VB theme he was kind enough to allow us to use. However he was not involved in the implementation itself to our modified "dark_vb" theme or the modified "pixeled" theme on our Frontpage.