• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Minecraft

EvilSeph

Administrator
anyone else not have sound in their game?, i updated today, and installed the gfx package that evilseph posted, and now i don't have any sound, is it the update, or did i install the gfx package incorrectly?

edit: i do wish their was a tooltip over the items in your menu, so i can see what is exactly iron, as alot of the gfx seem similar to me, and it'll be a bit before i can recognize everything.

That's not due to the gfx package, it's due to an issue with notch's server. He tweeted something about it but I don't have access to my twitter right now. x3sphere has the same issue. You can try redownloading the launcher but I don't think that will fix things.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
That's not due to the gfx package, it's due to an issue with notch's server. He tweeted something about it but I don't have access to my twitter right now. x3sphere has the same issue. You can try redownloading the launcher but I don't think that will fix things.

it's comforting to know i'm not the only one with this issue, hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I spent a good hour trying to figure out how to get wood. I watched the tutorial video first, but I didn't realize you had to hold the mouse button and not just keep clicking it.
Since I couldn't build my base the first day, I spent the night on top of a mountain fighting monsters with a flower.
Needless to say, I didn't survive.

Anyways this game is fun, not $10 fun but still fun when you need to waste an hour.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I spent a good hour trying to figure out how to get wood. I watched the tutorial video first, but I didn't realize you had to hold the mouse button and not just keep clicking it.
Since I couldn't build my base the first day, I spent the night on top of a mountain fighting monsters with a flower.

Anyways this game is fun, not $10 fun but still fun when you need to waste an hour.

It's $10 worth of fun when you know how to play... (that's assuming you also like to build things)

EvilSeph

Administrator

Get it now before the price goes up. Notch is adding some really interesting things.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I fail to see the hype, but haven't tried it hands on yet. What's so fun about it?

Gathering supplies, building bases/fortresses and then hilarious mishaps like a friend burning your house down.

I haven't been scared of such basic looking zombies since the first Resident Evil :|

It's damned scary walking into your base and one coming at you from out of the darkness.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i wasted 8 hours on this yesterday, i've got huge walls all over my base, but i can't find iron to make iron ignots so i can make a roalercoaster=-(, hell i mined half a mountain and only found like 30 pieces of iron

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I didn't have time to post back last night, but I did download this, and tried to play it. Though, I get the same damn error every time. I'm not going to post the full report, since this is pretty much all you need to know;

Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------
Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

... Yeah. Apparently, my video card (a very poor embedded Intel one) does support OpenGL, so I tried updating my drivers, and ended up installing far older ones, which I'm about to try and sort out. Anyway, has anyone got any ideas of anything I can do to fix this? I really want to try this, I love sandbox games. Reading on google, some people who encountered the same error have simply had to find a 'use hardware acceleration' checkbox and tick that before it would work for them, but I can't seem to get that option. I've also had no luck running the application in compatibility modes, which apparently fixed it for other people, too. Has anyone else here encountered this error? Any tips on anything I could do to get round it?

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I'm downloading what you linked to as I type, but Device Manager tells me its an Intel 82915G/910GL card. I've already tried using an Intel tool to update the drivers, but it tells me that the drivers I'm using are custom made for this hardware set and that it can't update them, for some reason. It says it 'highly recommends not using a generic Intel driver, as it may cause system instability and serious errors.'. I might just switch to a general Intel driver anyway, and see what happens.

EDIT: I've only just realised from Speccy that I've got 2 of the same video cards in this PC. I've no idea why, I don't know the slightest thing about computer hardware. Are 2 video cards better than one or something? I doubt that piece of info makes any difference, I just thought I'd mention it.

EDIT (again): After a hell of a lot of googling, messing about with drivers and bodging, I found a thread that claims anyone with any sort of Intel video card are unable to play Minecraft without a browser. Apparently, they're not currently supported.

... Damn. :(

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
My friend has a intel card and it works fine
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38623

try this one if it dosnt work I guess your sol

I've had a lot of trouble trying to get drivers through there, since Intel don't seem to like me installing their drivers on this PC. Everytime I downloaded any of their drivers for my card, it told me that the 'Drivers were not validated for my computer', and suggested I contact my manufacturer for drivers, and exited the setup. Eventually I managed to find a work around and installed the latest Intel drivers from there anyway, but Minecraft still wouldn't work. I even now have Intel's 'Graphics Media Accelerator' software and can change all of my graphics card and OpenGL settings, something I couldn't do before, but no combination of settings seems to work. So I assume it's just probably an unsupported video card.