• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Modern Warfare 2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How many of you are getting this for the PC? I can't play FPSs on a console.

I can see this game cutting into my TF2 time. :(

I'm getting it on PC. I can't play FPSes on a console either, I feel like I have less control without a mouse / keyboard.

Adiuvo

I'm better with aiming using a dualshock than with a mouse. It's strange, but I guess since I've had roughly three years of practice with a controller it's to be expected.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I am getting it on xbox360. I hate playing shooting games on my computer, I suck using the mouse. I am just used to using a controller I feel like I have more control.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Xbox 360 - all my friends will be getting it on this as well and they don't have gaming computers ;) I personally like the comfort that the 360's controller gives me over both the dual shock and the mouse + keyboard combination. After an hour of playing TF2 or CS:S I tend to want to take a break because my hands are killing me, so 360 for sure.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I still cant decide. I want to get the it for ps3, but then I'll have to play with mostly strangers. I could get it for PC, but 0% of my real life friends have gaming PC's, and like Ipaq said to much KB&M kills my hands
The logical choice would be the 360, but I don't want to pay for Live.

Well I might get this on PC for LAN play but I do want to get achievements for my xbox and the nice graphics.

damn Games for Windows FAIL only achievement pc game I see is Fallout 3 and Halo 2 Vista.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Definitely PC for me.
There is a 360 in my house but I never play on it...like ever.
Much prefer my FPSs with KB&M.

Robby

Los Doyers!
New Modern Warfare 2 trailer.
It made me want to play this game so badly.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6OmmmPsVMg[/YT]
It was aired during the Steelers-Chargers football game.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
New Modern Warfare 2 trailer.
It made me want to play this game so badly.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6OmmmPsVMg[/YT]
It was aired during the Steelers-Chargers football game.

woah, wtf, was that the DC area all fucked up I seen there? o.0

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That definitely was DC at the end of it, and a Russian airport or train station in the beginning.

Almost a month to wait now.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yup that was DC.
I probably watched that trailer 6 times in a row and it is just amazing at how well this game is looking to be.
But it reminded me about Gears of War. I loved the first gears of war and after seeing all the gameplay for the 2nd one I was stoked. Unfortunately, I am extremely disappointed with Gears of War 2.
Hope this sequel lives up to the original.

Dan

Contributor
Not long off now :)

Just to clarify:
- Have any of you pre-ordered this?
- How many of you are getting this on PS3?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm really disappointed in the decision to force matchmaking in the PC version and not allow dedicated servers. This is a terrible decision and I think, partly fueled by greed on Activision's part as they want to do away with custom maps and the like so as to force people to buy DLC packs. Unless they change their mind, I might just pass and wait till I can pick this up on the cheap. Will be busy with Borderlands and L4D2 anyway.

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
Not long off now :)

Just to clarify:
- Have any of you pre-ordered this?
- How many of you are getting this on PS3?

i'm getting it on PS3