• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

NASA Holds Briefing to Release Restored Apollo 11 Moonwalk Video

xploren

Contributor
Wow, this'll be really cool to see. It IS one of the greatest pieces of American history, after all. But I doubt conspiracy theorists will stop saying it's a fraud.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Wow, this'll be really cool to see. It IS one of the greatest pieces of American history, after all. But I doubt conspiracy theorists will stop saying it's a fraud.
They most certainly won't. If anything they will have more of a reason to call shenanigans with all the special effects available these days.

xploren

Contributor
They most certainly won't. If anything they will have more of a reason to call shenanigans with all the special effects available these days.

Exactly what I was thinking. They'd find other reasons to prove it fake, no matter how ridiculous. Conspiracy theorists never cease to prove others wrong.

Darth Budd said:
Didn't mythbusters already prove the conspiracy theorists wrong?

After years of trying to tell a lie, do you really think they'll just stop because Mythbusters told them that they are wrong?

FreePlay

A note on conspiracy theorists:

The entire theory is a red herring. Their motivation for believing it is based on something else entirely.

For example, the Obama 'birther' conspiracy is based on, among other things, racism and (yes I'm being serious) the idea that Obama is Antichrist and Jesus won't let Antichrist be president until there's peace in the middle east. And the 9/11 Truther conspiracy nonsense is based on the idea that the government is owned by Jewish-run corporations that want to destroy Christianity.

Ignore the bull the nuts spew - it's totally irrelevant to their base belief. That's why no amount of evidence will ever convince them that they're wrong - the evidence isn't evidence against what's really behind it all, just evidence against their most recent excuse.

afteralter

S for Surreal
I made a speech out this "Apollo 11 Conspiracy"

It's not that I don't believe Apollo 11 landed on the moon, it's just for my Speech Classes this semester. :D

Well, from what I've seen and read all over the internet, and some books, NASA still have some things to be explained. Nonetheless, I'm still thinking of the question why US launched Apollo 11.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Bush faked it. I don't care what anybody says, George W Bush directed the filming in Arizona.

At least Mythbusters pretty much proved all the conspiracy theories wrong. I quite literally saluted them in my living room.

There is nothing to be explained. We went to the moon, and then came back. It's simple in concept, really.

afteralter

S for Surreal
There's this thing called the Cold War and the space race. read up about it...

Yes, I know about this Cold War and Space Race.. What I meant about that is what was the good (as in good for the many) reason..

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Yes, I know about this Cold War and Space Race.. What I meant about that is what was the good (as in good for the many) reason..

To get into space. For real. To show the Soviets we are better than them at something, I'd assume.

Remember, the cold war was essentially a war based on who had more technology and weapons.

SackPuncher

I believe we did it cause we could. Honestly what other reason do you need to do something as awesome as waste billions on a space ship to go to the moon and get nothing accomplished other than beating the Russians there? We could've just nuked them and saved time but that wouldn't have been as fun as getting bragging rights for the next few decades now would it? To comment on Darth Budd's statement of the cock measuring contest, it could be said that we did, in fact, DANZA the ruskies with our trip to the moon.