• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Official WoW Discussion Thread

El Diablo

My guild managed to be the first on our server to kill all 4 bosses last night, not that that's anything really special, but there's still only been like 3 that have. So far i like ICC, reminds me of BT which is a good thing, I just wish I didn't have to wait a fucking month in between new bosses, so stupid.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
My guild managed to be the first on our server to kill all 4 bosses last night, not that that's anything really special, but there's still only been like 3 that have. So far i like ICC, reminds me of BT which is a good thing, I just wish I didn't have to wait a fucking month in between new bosses, so stupid.

Indeed our guild was 3minutes off a server first... a few wipes on Overlord Saurgang cost us dearly.

Regardless.... fucking awesome patch.
10/10 from me tbh.

To be honest im annoyed we have to wait 28 days for next gate to open... but in fairness if it wasnt this content would end extremely fast and become a "boring farm" like ToC did. Its hard for blizzard to win in their defence.

Tommi

Last nights 25 man Deathbringer kill was messy though...

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Indeed our guild was 3minutes off a server first... a few wipes on Overlord Saurgang cost us dearly.

Fucking AFK's is what cost us that man. We ripped through the first 3 and were server first by a good 30 to 40 mins on each.

I agree though. ICC reminds me of BT too.

El Diablo

Finally fucking killed Anub on heroic. Worst fight ever, it's fucking stupid and I hope I never have to go back into ToC ever again. Terrible instance and even more terrible boss. We would have been the third guild but one beat us by 1 fucking day QQ.

Tommi

To be honest, I couldn't give 2 shits about Anub on 25 HC. I hate TotGC. I'd only go back if we'd done both 10 and 25 ICC and had nothing to do that week.... Kinda like this week...

Brad

Yoshimi
I quit a few weeks before patch 3.3

But in all seriousness I so wanted to buy a month after I saw some screens. I think ill hold off till the next expansion.

El Diablo

My guild picked me to get our Shadowmourne. Just finished crafting Shadow's Edge last night :).

El Diablo

Had enough of the old mage class eh?
Yeah. After 3 years of being a shitty glass cannon that couldn't really do anything else, purely raiding was getting boring. I was never the best pvper on my mage and when I did pvp I hated it, so I couldn't do that, and when I wanted to farm old raids for mounts and achievements I couldn't do that either unless I could bribe people to help me. When ToC came out I had enough and decided to make my main my DK that I had just finished leveling and getting badge gear on.

Joey- To be honest I would say Wow is almost nothing like Torchlight and Diablo. You have a lot more control over your character and where you go rather than a locked camera and only crawling through dungeons the whole time.

Brad

Yoshimi
Yeah. After 3 years of being a shitty glass cannon that couldn't really do anything else, purely raiding was getting boring. I was never the best pvper on my mage and when I did pvp I hated it, so I couldn't do that, and when I wanted to farm old raids for mounts and achievements I couldn't do that either unless I could bribe people to help me. When ToC came out I had enough and decided to make my main my DK that I had just finished leveling and getting badge gear on.

Joey- To be honest I would say Wow is almost nothing like Torchlight and Diablo. You have a lot more control over your character and where you go rather than a locked camera and only crawling through dungeons the whole time.

Sorta in the same boat but I always wanted to just have one maxed lvl character so I could focus on him instead of a bunch. I agree we do miss out allot compared to other classes..

Mages can solo rag now tho :D

El Diablo

But, can you solo your way there? : \

I always really only had one toon too. I worked my ass off on my mage and had almost 8000 achievement points and my other 80 was my rogue who I pvp'd on sometimes and farmed herbs/ore with. The DK took me like a year to level and my only plan was to get him to 77 so I could farm with him with the extra mount speed and I ended up actually enjoying playing it as I got up there.

Joey

Hmmm... That sucks.

Joey

Well, if I get an internet connection that's consistent and reliable, I'm gonna give it a second chance. I'm really starting to get into the loot-a-thon type games. There's a real appeal there for me.

I think it would also help if I find some people to play with.

Brad

Yoshimi
Well, if I get an internet connection that's consistent and reliable, I'm gonna give it a second chance. I'm really starting to get into the loot-a-thon type games. There's a real appeal there for me.

I think it would also help if I find some people to play with.

When you start just remember the game doesn't really start till you hit the level cap.. It varies for people but the end game is rather fun PVP/PVE

Serideth

When you start just remember the game doesn't really start till you hit the level cap.. It varies for people but the end game is rather fun PVP/PVE

I break the game down like this:

1-13: Boring questing and leveling but it's fast enough.

13-20: Bit more exciting since you start instances and get nice equips. (fast also as well as an introduction to the PvP scene)

20-30: Get you mount so questing isn't to slow, also tallents start to make a difference now so you can start playing your role and getting gear aimed at what you want to play be it tank healer or dps. (Also fast leveling)

30-40: Starts to get a bit boring, leveling slows down.

40-50: You get your epic mount so you can move faster, you're well into your tallents and you get some fun instances to run, also at this point you're getting nice headgears, shoulder pads and some cool weapons.

50-58: A bit of a grind but the fact you get to run some of the best instances in the game makes it worth it.

58-65: You go to Outland and you level damn fast, all your gear is improved so much it feels amazing new quests give great exp, you level really fast. FLYING MOUNT! FINISH YOUR MAIN TALLENT TREE.

65-68: Suprisingly a bit slow, but you're still discovering new areas, I'm not a huge fan of the instances here but some of the gear you get looks great.

68-70: Better to finish up in Outland imo, a bit slow but well worth it.

70-75: Fast, fun in a new zone, all equips get nicely upgraded and everything looks diferent, instances are fun.

75-80: Not too bad, bit slow but fun.

80: Fucking awesome.