• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Pandora's Battery Released - Unbrick ANY PSP

Acerthief

well system.dreg is in flash1. try formatting flash1 through recovery and see if it helps

nice~. now it worked. thanks roe:)

EDIT: x3, should i make a tutorial? i found out the installation guide in the readme.txt is a bit confusing for some computer noobs. (like me XD). i can make one i with screen shots so it's more n00b friendly? how bout it, x3? it's your call :). If yes i'll do it tonight. but now i hafta go to class. take care everyone!

supaquickt

Worked a treat turned an official sony battery into my jigkick and have a spare 1gb Sandisk to use for it. I used it to downgrade an official 3.40 to 1.50. Big thanks to the team (although I have Lumines in the post I bought it last week lol).

If you don't mind here's the guide I followed:

EDIT: Removed link, been sent to x3sphere to see what he says.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Chilly Willy

Contributor
A guide has now been posted thanks to FreePlay -

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3238

Yeah, I replied to that assuring people I've tried it successfully. It helps to have some positive reports in a thread like that, especially if it's by a dev like myself.

I got a new 2200 maH battery for everyday usage (it's charging right now), and converted my older 1800 maH battery into a Pandora battery. I also got a 256 MB Sony Pro Duo stick that is strictly for Pandora. It has all the files, a backup of the battery eeprom, and a backup of my nand (renamed to nandimage.flash as needed to write it back). So now I have a battery and stick ready in case I brick my PSP messing around with stuff - which is good as my work on the IdStorage does have the potential to brick. I always worried about that. Now I can rest easy. 8)

Acerthief

really nice job they've done.
I've got a question. can i put the files for flashing M33 in the same into my "magic MS" so i wouldn't have to change MS through downgrading and flashing, or putting it in will just mess up my MS?

Thanks in Advance.

EDIT: A 64mb Pro Duo (be sure to format into FAT) can put all the stuff in. Just to tell everyone so you won't have to use too much money on a 512/256mb. :D

Chilly Willy

Contributor
I've got a question. can i put the files for flashing M33 in the same into my "magic MS" so i wouldn't have to change MS through downgrading and flashing, or putting it in will just mess up my MS?

Yes, you can put any files you want into it. What makes the stick special are the two Windows programs included - the first formats the stick with empty space before the start of the partition; the second writes the custom IPL into that empty space. The rest of the stick is a normal FAT formatted memstick that can hold anything. Pandora expects some things to be in certain places, like the UPDATE.PBP file in the root of the memstick, but as long as all the required stuff is there, you can put extra stuff onto the stick as well.

Acerthief

Yes, you can put any files you want into it. What makes the stick special are the two Windows programs included - the first formats the stick with empty space before the start of the partition; the second writes the custom IPL into that empty space. The rest of the stick is a normal FAT formatted memstick that can hold anything. Pandora expects some things to be in certain places, like the UPDATE.PBP file in the root of the memstick, but as long as all the required stuff is there, you can put extra stuff onto the stick as well.

okay thanks chilly willy

XsavioR

Hypothetical question

brand new ta-086 , slap in my handy pandoras battery , and put 1.5 ipl on it ...
What happens with all the jazz about idstorage and the key that allows 1.5 ipl on it ?

C

cR@Zy!NgLi$h

the original release thread over at n00bz website says it'll work with any battery!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Hypothetical question

brand new ta-086 , slap in my handy pandoras battery , and put 1.5 ipl on it ...
What happens with all the jazz about idstorage and the key that allows 1.5 ipl on it ?

The downgrade option is supposed to automatically handle TA-082 and TA-086 PSPs properly. I haven't tried it to check that, but from remarks some of the authors made, I gather they're using the same patch to key 5 the NOOBZ 3.50 downgrader uses.

MENACERONER

MENACERONER
so quick one who knows how to scoop one of these guys game werks gonna have em? or am i leaning more towards the internet purchase

PhreakAccident

Just wanted to share my experience. Had a full brick PSP and a semi-brick PSP. We used Pandora on the full brick and got it to 1.50 from there did an official 3.52 upgrade. Then we downgraded back to 1.50 via Pandora and while running the 3.52 official update we yanked the battery to brick it. Pandora fixed it again (this thing is too sweet!). From 1.50 we have to put 3.40OE because for some reason 3.52M33 doesn't take. But once the OE is on the 3.52M33 does on with ease. Both these PSP are the older motherboards but will be doing a new board tomorrow. Whoot!

Words do not say enough to express thanks. Donations forthcoming!

PA

Edit: Just did a PSP with the new motherboards and this Pandora kit smartly patched it. Another flawless upgrade to M33!

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
It defiantly works. just curious I deleted half my flash 0 and therefor bricked it. used the battery and MC and now I'm back runnin and on M33 :)

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
I hit a roadblock. How do I execute the "msipl" application ? I try running msipl.bin from the memstick (in DOS) and doesn't do anything?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I hit a roadblock. How do I execute the "msipl" application ? I try running msipl.bin from the memstick (in DOS) and doesn't do anything?
Copy the msipl.bin to the msinst folder on your hard drive.

Then go into the command line, enter the msinst folder and type the command:

msinst O msipl.bin

where "O" is your memory stick drive.