• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PS3 Firmware 3.42 Hits Network Update

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ps3_slimfw342.jpg

<strong>Update</strong>: We can confirm that all variants of the USB-hub emulating exploit (PSFreedom, PSGroove, PSJailbreak) are no longer functional in firmware 3.42.

We've just been informed that PS3 firmware 3.42 has hit Network Update. Although Sony usually updates its blog ahead of time with information on new firmware releases, that is not the case this time -- presumably as today is a holiday in the states.

Judging by the incremental version bump, chances are this is a relatively small update[...]

Continue reading: PS3 Firmware 3.42 Hits Network Update...

Richlando

And surprise surprise to anyone who has automatic downloads enabled and is sleeping..was starting to wonder if Sony would get around to this.

Still signed in to PSN playing a game and havent been signed out..guess when I'm done I'll check. I have automatic downloads disabled. Maybe they patched it anyway...

Richlando

Dont mind updating this one but just curious why I havent been signed out of the PSN because of the update. Still playing and still logged in though.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
This time I'm going to hold on... Let's see if homebrew actually comes out of this

Muratcan

And surprise surprise to anyone who has automatic downloads enabled and is sleeping..was starting to wonder if Sony would get around to this.

Still signed in to PSN playing a game and havent been signed out..guess when I'm done I'll check. I have automatic downloads disabled. Maybe they patched it anyway...
Would that feature of PSN+ actually update a user's PS3 though? Or just dl the update for it to get ready?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Would that feature of PSN+ actually update a user's PS3 though? Or just dl the update for it to get ready?

It's a PSN+ feature.

vXAlexanderXv

The DNS trick works for at least signing onto your PSN account without updating, but I do not know the limitations of this workaround (playing online games and such).

january39

eXo Staff
At the risk of sounding stupid, what and how to i enable a DNS workaround?

Richlando

I'm not using anything but an update is not available for me, still @3.41. I can play online, shop the store..any ideas??

Dan

Contributor
Just go to network settings, and enter the values 67.202.81.137 when you go through the 'custom' setup.

El Diablo

I can't believe that still works considering they blocked it from working the first time when they removed otherOS, are they really that stupid that they just don't include some type of block for it in all of their FW updates now?

Dan

Contributor
Maybe they thought, "nah, there's no more exploits," and just abandoned the idea.

january39

eXo Staff
Just go to network settings, and enter the values 67.202.81.137 when you go through the 'custom' setup.

And this works for 3.41?