• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSGroove Released, Open Source PS Jailbreak

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
sonyps3firmwareotherosremoval.jpg

True to their word, Mathieulh and the crew have released a open-source implementation of the PS Jailbreak exploit, coined PSGroove. The software is compatible with AT90USB and related microcontrollers. Grab a Teensy USB development board and you'll be all set.

It's worth noting that the PS Groove code is not a 1:1 copy of PS Jailbreak's take, as it lacks support for running backups[...]

Continue reading: PSGroove Released, Open Source PS Jailbreak...

Hellcat

Contributor
YEAHHHHHHHH! HELL YEAH! AMAZINGLY NICE DONE, GUYS!!!

[/capslock]

So, now, time to port it to the PSP being the "dongle".... who's in? :D

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
YEAHHHHHHHH! HELL YEAH! AMAZINGLY NICE DONE, GUYS!!!

[/capslock]

So, now, time to port it to the PSP being the "dongle".... who's in? :D

I think you have more important things to do.

*cough* CD *cough*

xD

keyblayder

Great news indeed.Im happy that they will not release the backup stuff.Thank you Mathieulh and the rest of the team that they helped!Time for some PS3 Homebrew apps.

Hellcat

Contributor
@Kezra:
Yeah, you are totally right! Hence me not seeing myself actually working on it - unless something else (said "CD") starts working all of sudden xD (but I have the feeling I am close)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
@Kezra:
Yeah, you are totally right! Hence me not seeing myself actually working on it - unless something else (said "CD") starts working all of sudden xD (but I have the feeling I am close)

'bout time :D

Muratcan

All it took was a 4 ASCII hex edit and backups are now playable xD

Awesome news, and on the 5th year anniversary of the PSP's release here in Europe!

Math also said something on Twitter about the dongle not being needed? :S I quote Matheiulh:
"The psgroove for now allows the very same features as the psjailbreak but without backup manager support, you can also now remove the dongle

The original psjailbreak dongle had a patch that would trigger the lv1 panic hypercall if the dongle wasn't in the list of connected devices"

RoBz

sucker
He means after you run exploit once you don't need to constantly have the dongle in...I think.

Muratcan

You mean like if me and my friends bring money together to buy a TEENSY (or equivelant), then we can each hack our PS3s and be done with it? :S I doubt that though.

RoBz

sucker
Thats what I gathered from it yeah...hmm
To top it off, this rendition of the hack nixes references to the LV1 panic hypercall, meaning you are free to remove the dongle after installation.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
What he means is that you only need the dongle to boot the exploit each time. PSJAilbreak forces you to have it plugged in at all times, and Groove only needs the dongle once each time you boot your PS3.

El Diablo

Zomg someone buy me one of these teensy boards :(.

Hendo420

Do I have to use a Teensy ++ board or can i just use Teensy 2.0? Cause i think there sold out of the Teensy ++, i bought a Teensy 2.0 so hopeing your precombiled hex will work on it. ^.^

keyblayder

Do I have to use a Teensy ++ board or can i just use Teensy 2.0? Cause i think there sold out of the Teensy ++, i bought a Teensy 2.0 so hopeing your precombiled hex will work on it. ^.^

You can use both of Teensy++ and Teensy 2.0 dongles.Actually you can use Teensy 1.0 Teensy++ 1.0 Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0.Once you have compiled the .hex files to make psgroove.hex you are ready to go.Hope this helped you.

El Diablo

Ps3hax has a pre compiled version tht supports the bxkup maager on their front page.

Riorio99

I was hoping that this would be done, but I can all but guarantee that it will be hacked/modified for back-ups fairly swiftly.