• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.72 HX-1

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psp34.jpg

Spanish developer _HellDashX_ has released a new custom firmware based on Sony's latest firmware update -- 3.72. According to the author, all features from the previous M33 release have been left intact and minor code changes were made to support the 3.72 kernel.

Reports from various users (including myself) have confirmed the release to be working.
[blockquote2]Installation (must be currently running at least 3.71 M33 or 3.71 M33-2):

* Create a folder called UPDATE in PSP/GAME

* Copy umodule.prx and EBOOT.PBP to the UPDATE folder

* Download the official firmware 3.72 update, name it as 372.PBP and place in UPDATE folder

* Run the 3.72 firmware update from the PSP Game menu. When the update is finished, you must follow the on screen prompt to press X and restart your PSP.
[/blockquote2]
Download PSP Custom Firmware 3.72 HX-1

Update: While the firmware itself works fine, I will add that PSone games and the 1.5 kernel patch are not working in this release. For now it may be best to stay on 3.71 M33 until these issues are ironed out.

Custom Firmware 3.72, leer readme [Elotrolado]

Richlando

Holy crap!! Although I won't be able to try this until tomorrow when I get home..but again..holy crap!!

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Well thats pretty cool a new dark alex lets hope its someone else really after all this time gj boy. I don't think I'll be upgrading though until a game needs this or pops gets fixed or I get around to making a pandora.

dennis96411

do you guys think thats DAX in disguise again?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
do you guys think thats DAX in disguise again?

No its not D_A. 3.72 is nearly identical to 3.71 aside from pops and a few other things.

Anyways, I noticed pops isn't working in this release.

icedman204

Here's what I don't understand about what u said about the 1.5 kernal. You said the DA 1.5 patch works, then you contradicted that by saying that we shouldn't apply the update if we don't want to lose the 1.5 kernal. So what is it, does the 1.5 kernal work (with out the use eloader) at all on this new CFW. Also if not, this seems like an update ment for those only with the PSP Slim concole. Which isn't really much of an update besides the fact u get to turn on/off a PS3 with the PSP using Remote play. But the Pop's loader isn't really updated I believe.

oscare

its not dark_alex. anyways, dark_alex said he is planning on releasing a 3.71 M33-3
he said on this page if you know how to read Spanish
[www.elotrolado.net]

oscare

its not alex because he is planning on releasing 3.71 M33-3. its on this page, but you need to be able to read spanish
(http://www.elotrolado.net/post_Lanzamiento-firmware-oficial-3-72_1709660383)

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
@icedman204: MorrisPS asked if "it removed the 1.50 kernel support.." in his second post, he answered his question "it does [remove 1.50 kernel support]". At least, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, considering he added "do not apply if you want to lose 1.50 [kernel support]".

dennis96411

Why don't they just release an 1.5 kernel patcher for all cfw 3.71 and up? That way they won't have to make their own seperatly.

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
according to Mathieulh and Alex he only changed some numbers.Take a look to eboot, its the same as 3.71.

b3rx

@fearevil19:
can you point us to a post then made by Mathieulh and Alex stating that he, the author, only changed some numbers.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I don't know of any post where this was stated, but I can confirm its validity.

I also believe that it would be safer to wait for M33-3 by Alex instead of using this half-working, hack job.

Please note this is entirely my opinion and not an official statement apart from the confirmation of the validity of Mathieulh's statement.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Sometimes posts from D_A can be a little puzzling because he's Spanish. The way I understand it, most of the libraries that are patched in 3.71 M33 are identical to the libraries in 3.72, so the same patches can be applied. The only difference is where the libraries are located in the update file. The libraries that ARE different (mainly pops) need slightly different patches, which is why pops doesn't work with 3.72 HX.