• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

VEGAN0011

hi hellcat re named the 5.00 file wrong so it would not read it and came up error got japan psp on 5.00m33 thanks for the update just updatet it to 5.00m33

Hellcat

Contributor
As promised:

UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE

• Updated flashing of 5.00-M33 to 5.00-M33-3
  • Fixed backing up of CFWs with the 1.50 AddOn installed. Those backups have been incomplete (the 1.50 kernel wasn't included in the backup), now everything is propperly backed up.
  • Fixed a bug when the program got a bit confusored when stumbling over a 150.PBP while caching the updater modules (150.PBP is now skipped, there are no modules to extract in there anyway)
  • Added a warning about not resetting/formating flash1 when flashing a different FW than currently installed (keeping flash1 by flashing a different FW version can cause confusion for the new FW)

First post has been updated

Hellcat

Contributor
Hi.

None of these work 'cause there are no plugins loaded while Recovery Flasher runs.

Reason: When being launched (in game mode), Recovery Flasher re-launches itself again into updater-mode (the same system mode the official updaters run in).
That's also the reason why the "loading...." disappears for a while during launch.

The CFW has no facility to load plugins in updater mode - and believe me, that's a good thing ;)
(You wouldn't want a plugin interfering with your flashing process just 'cause it thinks it should do something right at the wrong moment, would you?)

rnc_ebm

As promised:

UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE

• Updated flashing of 5.00-M33 to 5.00-M33-3
  • Fixed backing up of CFWs with the 1.50 AddOn installed. Those backups have been incomplete (the 1.50 kernel wasn't included in the backup), now everything is propperly backed up.
  • Fixed a bug when the program got a bit confusored when stumbling over a 150.PBP while caching the updater modules (150.PBP is now skipped, there are no modules to extract in there anyway)
  • Added a warning about not resetting/formating flash1 when flashing a different FW than currently installed (keeping flash1 by flashing a different FW version can cause confusion for the new FW)

First post has been updated

Thanks for the EXCELLENT UPDATE.

br

RNC_EBM

xdewtr

Great!
Thanks Hellcat!
Recovery Flasher finally support 5.00 M33!
By the way...
I used "cache special updater", but I don't know where the .prx file was put...

Hellcat

Contributor
I used "cache special updater", but I don't know where the .prx file was put...
Whooops, did I forget to put it into the readme? Damn *rips "add it" note from monitor and sticks it at his nose*

The extracted updater .PRXs are saved to /PSP/SYSTEM/UPDPRX (or something like that, don't remember 100% right now)

In there you'll find subfolders for any updater processed, named like the updater ("340.PBP", "whatever.PBP" and such).

In THOSE folder you will then finally find the three .PRXs in question.

They also work very well when used with ELF-Menu's USB access :)

Jake

That can be caused by a broken download, try redownloading it again.

J

jx233

this might be pointless, but for PSP Phat, can you add the option of installing "a fresh 1.50"?

This would be handy for the n00bs who dont own a Pandora Battery or just people who want to go to 1.50 using Recovery EBOOT

(i not n00b, have I my own Pandora Battery, but I know people who dont have one. It would be handy for them to return to 1.50 if they wanted to.)

so what do you think Hellcat?

Hellcat

Contributor
Let 1.50 die in peace and rest in eternity.

N00bies don't need 1.50, noone really needs 1.50.... it's even more than pointless.... :scared:

However, if there's more ppl who would like that, I might do a seperate little 1.50 flasher, based on Recovery Flasher.
But I won't put it in the app itself.... ;)

J

jx233

Hellcat said:
Let 1.50 die in peace and rest in eternity.

I have 1.50, on my PSP-1001 but it runs through TimeMachine. [ms0:/TM/150/ipl.bin]

Hellcat said:
However, if there's more ppl who would like that, I might do a seperate little 1.50 flasher, based on Recovery Flasher.
But I won't put it in the app itself.... ;)

Yeah, that would get rid of the RECOVERY EBOOT for older M33 and OE CFW, and Downgrade371M33_by_Samhain EBOOT.

Shakaw03

Hey I need help here, I'm really noob when related to CFW and stuff, a friend of mine did all the "dirty work" for me on my brand new PSP 2000 and now I'm running under CFW 3.90 (not sure which version exactly) for some months now, and as I am going wireless I wanted to be up to date to the lastest CFW which looks like is the 5.00.
So, in summary, I wanto to know which steps I need to run in order to upgrade from 3.90 to the lastest avaiable. I know this is well explained here and under other topics, but I'm afraid to brick my precious ok :laugh:

Thanks a lot!

ommie299

Junior Pandorizer
<p>dude i semi bricked mine and i dont know what to do
i try to install it via recovery but i need help
CFW 500m33 semi bricked</p>