• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

RockBand Unplugged

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I played the game for about 5 minutes. Got tired of it in that time span. I really didn't like how you had to switch instruments so often. You do maybe 5 notes on one instrument and then you have to switch. You get almost no rhythm going and it feels like a big mess of trying to press shoulder buttons and then playing an actual music game for about 10 seconds and then rinse and repeat. I know they were trying to get some innovation and challenge into the game, but I think it takes a lot of the focus away from it actually being a true music game. Thoughts?

Riorio99

I played it. I think its really good. The songs could have been better, but then again, its aimed at a more casual crowd. It obviously isn't the rock band we know and love, but Its still a great game.

Cryox

Bro.
This looks like it might be fun. I will post again after i play it and say what i thought of it.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I kept getting cross-eyed when I first started to play. I think it's getting better a few hours after I first play it when it comes out. ;)

Cryox

Bro.
When it's actually released next month maybe more people will be able to comment....

I had no idea it wasn't out... I thought that because that people were talking about how good/bad it was, that it was out. Didn't think about it being leaked...

Or has it just not been released everywhere yet?

TeamOverload

Pretty decent game so far, better than I expected. Interesting to see it once the Music Store is up and running. More challenging than I thought too, just gotta get the hang of phrases and switching tracks still I think.

xist

I had no idea it wasn't out... I thought that because that people were talking about how good/bad it was, that it was out. Didn't think about it being leaked...

Or has it just not been released everywhere yet?

It hasn't been released anywhere yet....everyone who's played it is filthy pirate scum! :laugh:

WillyVWade

*Time travel!*

I find this game really uncomfortable, I have a set had position that seems to work every game other than this one, but still it's fun. My other problem is that medium is too slow for me yet hard is too hard, Although that's probably just a problem for me. I dreamt about 'Carry On My Wayward Son' because I spent an hour playing it on hard before going to bed.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Gave it a second try and unlocked all the songs to play some of my favorites. It's decent. I found the songs earlier either to be too hard on hard and two easy on medium. The song you unlock are all good in difficulty IMO. The whole switching thing is still a bit weird though.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM EST ----------

*Time travel!*

I find this game really uncomfortable, I have a set had position that seems to work every game other than this one, but still it's fun. My other problem is that medium is too slow for me yet hard is too hard, Although that's probably just a problem for me. I dreamt about 'Carry On My Wayward Son' because I spent an hour playing it on hard before going to bed.

That song was on South Park and I played it yesterday lol. Awesome vocal solos.

WillyVWade

I seriously think I've done some fucking damage to my hand. It KILLS and my eyes aren't much better. Also, I can't stop typing to a beat now!

pcstalljr

teen! hide your daughters
LOL well as you can tell the ISO was leaked. i dont know why im the only person thats not scared to say that. i of coarse haven't played it, but my friends have. they say they like it alot. but nick does say if your playing in a dark room it can hurt your eyes, its alot to look at, at once. but as soon as it come out :p it will be mine. i'll repost :)

Cryox

Bro.
i played it, pretty fun game. The only thing that would make it better besides having more songs is that you could choose to just play ONE part from time to time.

Cryox

Bro.
I don't get it, am I supposed to hit EVERY note for every instrument?

nope. You play a phrase, the instrument will then play for itself for a while. After you played that phrase, you switch to the next instrument (you know what to switch to because notes will start coming down the note board thing.

Now, there are two modes that have all parts playing at the same time. On one, you can play just one instrument without any penalty for not playing the other 3 instruments, like regular Rock Band. The other one is the same as the last one, but you lose points for every note you miss regardless of whether you are playing it or not.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
nope. You play a phrase, the instrument will then play for itself for a while. After you played that phrase, you switch to the next instrument (you know what to switch to because notes will start coming down the note board thing.

Now, there are two modes that have all parts playing at the same time. On one, you can play just one instrument without any penalty for not playing the other 3 instruments, like regular Rock Band. The other one is the same as the last one, but you lose points for every note you miss regardless of whether you are playing it or not.

That's what makes the game unique. If it doesn't have the instrument switching, it's too easy.