• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Rumor: $99 PS2 Coming April 5th - NOW CONFIRMED

eXo

M for Messenger
It appears the long awaited Playstation 2 price drop is nearly upon us. A number of employees of large American retail stores have posted pictures of a $99 Playstation 2 appearing in their retail databases.It is believed that the official announcement will come from Sony on April the 5h to coincide with the beginning of [...]

More...

twelve

I'm not dead
I've still got my big ol' PS2 but it's over at Tsunaii's house currently. I've always wanted a slimline though so if this price carries over to the UK I might pick one up.

Sullivan

Nice, I am about to sell someone a ps2, so I gota do it quick before they see in on this.

Slasher

Suck It

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea I am going to get one of these and mod it so I can have something to play for when my 360 craps out on me.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Holy shit, I sold my PS2 last summer but I may just pick one up if it's a hundred bucks. Spend a little more and you've got a fucking awesome library of games for free. There was always a bunch of games I wanted to play on the PS2 that I never got around to.

twelve

I'm not dead
I'm actually thinking of what games I missed on the PS2. Only one I can recall is the one what that boy carrying a sword chasing and killing Giants the size of pluto. Ugh.Forgot the name
I only picked that up last year. A shit ton better than many games out for 360 and PS3.

Zx30

Beto
Shadow of the Colossus :)

Bullseye. If I decide to get a PS2, this is my first game on my to buy list.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM EST ----------

I only picked that up last year. A shit ton better than many games out for 360 and PS3.

Great. Now you're making me want the game even more. Be quiet! ;)

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You people are crazy. You could have got a PS2 yesterday for $20 more depending on where you bought it. Now that it's $99 it has become the deal of the century?