• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Rumor: Assassin's Creed PC System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
278bc.jpg

A reliable anonymous source has sent along details on the system requirements for the PC release of Assassin's Creed. The specs look rather demanding and it's clear that you'll need a Crysis-capable PC to run Assassin's Creed in its full glory on PC.
Minimum System Requirements:
* Windows XP or Vista
* 2 GB RAM
* Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)
* 256MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card, or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
* DirectX compatible driver
* DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
* 16 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX libraries (included)
* Vista compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse
* Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller (optional)

Recommended System Requirements:
* Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo, or better processor
* 3 GB System RAM
* ATI HD2900 series, Nvidia GeForce 8800 series, or better video card
* 5.1 sound card
* Microsoft Xbox 360 controller

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release

DirectX10 compatible cards, recommended ATI HD2900 series, Nvidia GeForce 8800 series

Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
The PC version of Assassin's Creed is scheduled for a release later this year in the states.

Tenshigami

Crap. I was hoping they would have a minimum that matches my laptop. I wouldn't mind playing Assassin's Creed PC on its lowest graphical settings.

I've got half the RAM (though I can upgrade to the game's minimum), an Intel Centrino Duo, and a 128MB intel graphics card which may or may not support shader model 3.0. Everything else is up to spec with the minimum.

Kwipper

Considering that the PS3 is using a GPU which is an equvilant to a 7800 GTX (My 7900GT can beat it) and the XBOX 360 is using a GPU around the same an ATI X1900Pro...

I don't think the stats in the RECOMMENDED area shouldn't be as high as they're posted here.

GPUX

3GB of RAM? please...the textures in this game aren't half as good-looking as those in crysis and i'm willing to bet the levels aren't as big either.

Roe

Damn, I have around 20 fps on crysis, I wonder what it will be like if those specs are right

MenaceInc

Staff Member
i dont see the point of playing assassin's creed ona PC using a 360 controller..... :S

for the money you would spend ona PC of that spec,you may as well just get the elite 360 with assassin's creed and a ton of other games...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
i dont see the point of playing assassin's creed ona PC using a 360 controller..... :S

for the money you would spend ona PC of that spec,you may as well just get the elite 360 with assassin's creed and a ton of other games...

Sadly there's a thing called piracy, there are a small portion of people who actually buy the retail game on the shelf - it's much cheaper these days to pirate (even though illegal) - you can get a ton of PC games for free so all that money goes towards the system instead - it's a twisted world but that is how it is :(

You ask why play it on the PC rather than a 360 - one could be ease of use as well (however for me it's just as easy to play it on my 360 the way I have it setup).

lol the recommended spec suits my pc exept i got 2gb 800mhz ram, 8800 gtx, amd 6000+ 3ghz dual core. and i got 40-50fps in crysis with no aa. :) how much wud i get in this game

SnoMan

Runs brilliantly at maximum graphic setting at 1280x1024 75Hz on my Core2Duo 6320 @ 2.8, 2GB DDR2-800 and 8800GT 512mb. The levels are WAY bigger than crysis - crysis took me 15 hours or so to clock.

The specs are different on a PC vs PS3/360 etc because its a different platform. the GFX kick anything on a console anyway!

Worthy game!

lolhoofd

Assassins Creed is a kick ass game :) it rocks i have a 2.7 Ghz dual core processor with a X1950GT ati videocard and 2 GB 800 Mhz but even on 1024X768 and all graphic settingsw lowest i still can't play the game as it should be

lolhoofd

and Btw i think crysis is very like this game except that in assassins creed not EVERY person in the whole game is against you and being a assasin is realy cool and the freedom to move around is very nice PS: still can't play the game smooth with lowest settings

d1ddy

and Btw i think crysis is very like this game except that in assassins creed not EVERY person in the whole game is against you and being a assasin is realy cool and the freedom to move around is very nice PS: still can't play the game smooth with lowest settings

try 640x480 or 800x600 in resolution

SnoMan

lolhoofd - I'm not very familiar with the ATI range of graphics cards. Depending on the chipset/model you may find it's low on speed or throughput. I know some ATI cards don't have the stream processing grunt to put this stuff through.
I have done some checks, and the throughput of the 1950 chipset is around 44GB/s vs the 8800GT which gets 57GB/s. Check the following site:
[www.hardwaresecrets.com]
Search for Article 131.
Might be time for an Nvidia based grunter! A little more expensive, but certainly worth it in terms of performance.

If you have set everything to lowest and you still have problems then I suspect your PC may have an issue. Temperature, virus or something else? Even with your graphics card I would have expected the game to run ok. Admittedly the DX10 version seems to run quicker on my machine than the DX9, but in your case I don't think the ATI 1950's can run DX10(?)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
lolhoofd - I'm not very familiar with the ATI range of graphics cards. Depending on the chipset/model you may find it's low on speed or throughput. I know some ATI cards don't have the stream processing grunt to put this stuff through.
I have done some checks, and the throughput of the 1950 chipset is around 44GB/s vs the 8800GT which gets 57GB/s. Check the following site:
[www.hardwaresecrets.com]
Search for Article 131.
Might be time for an Nvidia based grunter! A little more expensive, but certainly worth it in terms of performance.

If you have set everything to lowest and you still have problems then I suspect your PC may have an issue. Temperature, virus or something else? Even with your graphics card I would have expected the game to run ok. Admittedly the DX10 version seems to run quicker on my machine than the DX9, but in your case I don't think the ATI 1950's can run DX10(?)

nope,the x1950 is a DX9 card the last time i checked and even then,the HD 2XXX and 3XXX series's of cards that are DX10 were completely buggered up by ATI

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm going to try out this game soon, can't wait to finally play it (I've been waiting for the PC version rather than jump the gun early and get the 360 version). I'll report back on how it runs on my rig.

EDIT: Wait, isn't the PC version not out to retail yet :/

SnoMan

Damn - for some reason I get crashes when I try and enter Jerusalem. I've done Damascus and Acre, but each and every time I try go into Jerusalem the game locks solid in the intermediate screen where Altair stand in the clouds of the memory. Has anyone seen this? I'm gutted. I will try to back up my savegame, re-install this after running a drive diag and see what happens...not cool! I've seen a couple of wee glitches in-game too - funny shadows here and there, and glitchy shading on some characters...not quite enough to put me off yet...unless this Jerusalem issue doesn't get fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.