Multi Rumor: Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver Reboot In Development

Discussion in 'Articles' started by x3sphere, Mar 20, 2012.

1. x3sphere

x3sphere Administrator Staff Member

Last played:
    Velocity 2X on
    [​IMG]
    A beloved classic from the PlayStation era may be poised for a return, if a VG247 report is to be believed. The site has it on "good authority" that Crystal Dynamics is bringing back its long dormant, vampire-laden Legacy of Kain franchise with a reboot of Soul Reaver.

Reportedly, the title is a "full reworking" of the action-adventure classic, boasting a fresh new art direction[...]

Continue reading: Rumor: Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver Reboot In Development...

2. Chathurga

Chathurga Staff Member

Legacy of Kain: Defiance was actually the last in the series, late 2003/early 2004. It's been 8 years wow, so sad they never finished the game what an amazingly well woven plot. Pity.

I want this to be good but the gaming environment right now is toxic to rich and interesting plots with the same cookie cutter bullshit releases getting all the attention. God damn this better be good.

3. KezraPlanes

KezraPlanes Just some dood

Last played:
    DARK SOULS on Xbox 360
    Agreed 100%.

I guess the end result of the Tomb Raider reboot will tell us how good this well be. Although I'd rather see Square put this in the hands of Eidos Montreal

4. Bran

Bran Yell

Last played:
    DARK SOULS Ⅱ on PS3
    FUCK YES. I've been waiting for this day even since Square bought Eidos.

5. BlackSheep

BlackSheep JungleNutz

Last played:
    Grand Theft Auto V on PS3
    o hell yea

6. hush404

hush404 Member

Last played:
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on PS3
    Dude, Square has been doing right with spending the money and sparking interests in older eidos properties. With CD doing the much upgraded Tomb Raider, EM doing a spectacular job on Deus Ex and the new Hitman shaping up to be just as much a superb product - I'm just in awe.