• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Sony Rebuilding PSN, Still No ETA On When Service Will Resume

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
psnetwork.jpg

Looks like the PSN blackout may continue through this weekend, as the recent breach has led Sony to reevaluate its entire security system. According to spokesperson Patrick Seybold, the company is in the middle of a complete revamp "to further strengthen [the PSN] network infrastructure." As you'd expect, such a task is no small undertaking, and Sony is not yet able to provide an ETA as to when services will resume.

Whatever the extent of the 'external intrusion' was, we reckon it must have been pretty serious for Sony to take such a drastic action[...]

Continue reading: Sony Rebuilding PSN, Still No ETA On When Service Will Resume...

jogabo110

we should get a 20 dollor psn card at least me because ive been wanting first stike relly bad and if i like it ima make sure i buy Escalation my psn account is CLJOGABOY please aend me a messege or something

WTFHAZHAPPND

Yea, true, you like ruined my weekend. I woke up hoping to play the ps3 onine but, the servers are down for some reason. Then I end up restarting everything, then i realized what the problem was I was furios about it.

tetryst

PSN is a free service. They don't owe you anything. If you were talking about Xbox live, maybe a refund would make sense, but this is baseless, and speaks of a deep problem in how you understand the way the world works. I recommend working a minimum wage job for at least a year; maybe your self-entitlement will go away and you'll learn how to be satisfied with reality.

guitarfanatic7

lol why should we get anything out of this, we don't pay for psn. i can see 360 users getting something if xbox live went down because they actually pay for their services, but since we don't i highly doubt (and dont see why should) we'll get anything for it. everybody needs to just chill, they're working on it obviously and they'll get it up as soon as they can (that's what she said?).

FaTMarV

I just want to be able to return portal and mortal kombat since i cant play them. Thanks for ruining socom....why didnt you refer us to xlink kai during the mean time??? Money back on Netflix????????????When I order a pizza online I can tell you where it is and who is making it and exact delivery time. WTF is wrong with you. Tell your customers what is wrong and maybe we will keep buying your product.I hope you guys never open a restaurant.......EPIC FAIL and *UCK U
FaTMaRV :)

chadg2287

Pretty sure when I spent $500 on this machine I was promised psn...I don't know about you people who don't think we deserve anything for this downtime but I just spent another $65 on Socom 4 and I would like to play it online seeing as I have owned it for 4 days now and have only had a chance to beat single player and now have nothing else I can do with it. Yeah I would say we deserve something.

nemesisspawn

you say they that they don't owe us anything for it being down cause the service is free let me tell you something the way us gamers pay for their systems and games their online services should be free they make a ton of money off of as it is and its kinda crappy how they handled this whole thing from the start three days is long enough figuring you have people working around the clock

mariaelia86

you guys are serious about askin for a 20psn card? LOL seriously yall get to play for FREE! deal with it! IF you had to pay like all of us who have a 360 then MAYBE you should get something since your paying for nothing but when you pay nothing you should get NOTHING lol just deal with tha servers being down and play your games offline for tha weekend!

mariaelia86

@nemesisspawn you think we didnt pay for our system and games? LOL yea we pay just as much as all of you and we still have to pay for online play, yea its our choice but with a 360 we get better quality but thats not about that..bottom line they dont owe ANY OF YOU ANYTHING! yall play FREE lol

AcheNone

Compensation should be given to Sony's consumers, it is rather unfitting that they not even tell us of such a problem, especially when in coincides with time that we can actually spend on their products.
Sony surely is losing money with this ridiculous matter. Most of their concentration on their security being jeopardized (which it already has) by either Anonymous or people who hold the idea of piracy and being in control through their own ways.
This would mean a bigger loss in revenue, with them losing so much on products like the PSP (as it has been hacked since launch and the issue of it's custom firmware) As consumers, asking for something in return for the product we have payed for being flawed and in stark contrast, somewhat lacking with what it has to offer.
With the recent launch of the PS+, the dispute with Geohot having cracked the rather impressively secure PS3 (having taken a full 4 years) and the attacks/threats of the group known as Anonymous, if we as the owners of our PS3 were to ask for $20 for a problem with the 'network's infrastructure' when Sony themselves probably flooding a rather immense amount of money just to fix the breach in their security.
Think about it, if there are about 3 million returning PSN user's, and they were each given $20 as a sincere apology for the suspended service of the network, that would be millions of dollars lost in revenue.
Now I can see a 1 month PS+ service possibly not ruled out, but they would lose money with that too. Also, the users who are already paying for the service would be outraged.
I think I'd sit on the fence on this one. Yes, Sony has many problems with the PS3, as it's out- of-the-box product doesn't offer as much as it could and promised. But their effort to sustain a playable environment and still have it free is commendable. I hope in the future that Playstation see's will be a brighter one.
Just like I hope this damn recession ends too.

chadg2287

Apparently you spend to much time on your XBL to realize that there are people who pay for psn+ and they are missing out on a beta this very minute that they are paying for. We PAID for a product that COMES with a free network it is part of what we PAID for if you don't get that you are a fucking disappointment to your family.I had more to say but I won't because just looking at your post's it's clear how fucking dumb you are. I hope you repost to me so I can laugh at the next LOL! blah blah blah you spit out....

mariaelia86

oh wow that hurt...oh wait no it didnt LOL cuz seriously am i supposed to care about something someone who knows NOTHING about me is supposed to think? LOL ANYWAY ok yea tha ones who pay should get a lil something in return but for all of you who pay jack s**T shouldnt get anything. Why because you feel your time is worth 20 bucks? WOW 3 days of your time is worth 20 bucks..nice to know you sell yourself so cheap lmao

diana

my nephew is driving up the wall, when will this nightmare end. you guys should at least told us before hands, before this happens. you ruin his easter vacation week.

TeamOverload

Not that I have a problem with it, but why is every single post in this thread by a new member?

Anyways, they don't owe you reimbursement, as they're losing out way more than you are in the end. Just play one of the countless offline games and enjoy it.

Xzanth22

Hmm.... Sony is rebuilding it's infrastructure? To prepare for another attack? And they don't know when we'll be back online..... Weird.... Sony huge company, hackers not huge company. Idk anything about hackin, but Sony can't hold back a small group of people. Or are they big? How do they overpower Sony? Where are they getting their funding? Selling iPhone jailbreaks? Unless these people are really good with hacking that they overpower Sony? Or did Sony shut down? What was being attacked? Why aren't the people of Sony telling us anything? Like , I want to play too.. portal2 just demo first.. Mortal kombat online. They should tell us what happened and why they shutdown. I mean did Sony take a break to get these people? Cause without fundinand stuff like that, these hackers can't really do much? Sony could ask the FBI or CIA or whatever? See idk what's going on cause Sony isn't telling us anything. Anyone any answers to any of these questions help me out.
I'm not taking sides, I just want to know what's going on. And to play some mutha Fu(k!n games :(

AcheNone

@mariaelia That is simply childish to respond like that, but I do agree on the fact that it is silly to think 3 days with no online gaming is that much of damage. I have been enjoying life, getting a bit fresh air, maybe reading a book rather then being on the PS3, and you know what, it's rather refreshing.
Even without the online, at least it wasn't like the Y2K bug last year, where we were told NOT to turn on our console. But hey, if this sutff happens every year, maybe it can be a holiday where all hardcore, casual, or simply gamers can go out and live a little.

Xzanth22

Wait why are people coming in here just posting about xbox? Isn't this about ps3? Idk that xbox has anything to do with what is going on with psn. But ok :) isn't there moderators that bump that kind of talk? :p