• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSN Sony Rebuilding PSN, Still No ETA On When Service Will Resume

AcheNone

@Xzanth I don't really think it's so much of a issue of someone hacking but a fault in the security system that they are trying to improve due to the recent jailbreak of it. Likely in the time they tried to update and redo the bugs or holes in the system they created a loophole for the security of personal info of their users. Know that Free Realms (huge MMO) and the Steam intergration are likely suspects for their servers to go haywire. Not overload, but simply not recognizing what is going on.

dynadom

they owe us stuff for being loyal customers, I'm selling mine and going to xbox. Its called customer service and Sony has none. My so called 10 year 60 gb launch ps3 broke for no reason other than Sony using defective cheap sodder and it cracked along with every launch ps3 like 15 million of them and they didn't even give me a $50 dollar coupon to buy a new one. Sony is heartless. I'm tired of it they lost me as a customer and do nothing to retain their customers they don't care. When the red ring of death happend to xbox they all got free xboxes. Sony won't even admit they f'd up. F sony and I'm glad they're shi* is down I hope the company fails

El Diablo

All of your credit card information was hacked? I would suggest you actually become educated in the issues before you whine about it. Just my opinion.

Cloudy

Uh, no it wasn't. That was just shoddy reporting from news sites. Unless it has been on the latest "attack" - but Sony are being quiet about this.
I know you people want to play games on the PSN - but it's only been a few days. PSN+ people I can understand being pissed, but if you're not paying for PSN they don't owe you anything. Take the time to do something worthwhile with your life, entertain yourself in other ways like watch TV or read a book :)

TeamOverload

Uh, no it wasn't. That was just shoddy reporting from news sites. Unless it has been on the latest "attack" - but Sony are being quiet about this.
I know you people want to play games on the PSN - but it's only been a few days. PSN+ people I can understand being pissed, but if you're not paying for PSN they don't owe you anything. Take the time to do something worthwhile with your life, entertain yourself in other ways like watch TV or read a book :)
Even PSN+ doesn't have too much of an excuse, all it really offers are free things and discounts, of which you'll still be able to get once PSN is back online.

Also of note, if any of you ARE on custom firmware and connected to the network, you may want to consider going back to OFW. With the security of the network being revamped, and the prior warnings, the ban wave may finally actually hit after this, so better safe than sorry if you care at all about PSN in the near future.

Riorio99

Sony owe none of you people anything. PSN is completely free and they have the rights to drop access whenever they feel like it.
However, on this occasion, someone else felt like it. If anyone owes anyone anything, whoever it is doing the hacking owes Sony for taking down their service. Sony have done nothing wrong here.

However, I can forsee them giving us something nice as a way of apology, but they have no need to. They've done nothing wrong. /rant

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
To all those complaining and whining, I second: Sony owes you nothing.

On-topic: I really hope the new PSN has better security than the old one because stuff like this can't really keep happening, specially considering the reason why PSN was taken down in the first place.

Alex

LOL - You guys are pathetic, or just geeks with no lives who sit on psn calling everyone noobs.
Only people who should get reimbursement are those who pay for a service who dont get it (in this case due to the downtime)
Seriously guys, here in the U.K the weather is swell. Bloody boiling to be percise.

january39

eXo Staff
If you all having some money, i want some too! PSN being down is annoying, but hey these things happen.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm a PS+ subscriber so I've should be given two PS3's xD

El Diablo

I don't think it was so much a hack this time as poor security on their part and people finding the loop holes.

lucifer

The argument seems to be that since PSN's free , Sony doesn't owe users anything. I couldn't disagree more. I coughed up the extra money for a PS3 because they advertised a free , working , functional PSN. In retrospect , I should've went with Xbox. It escapes me how a couple of kids can hack Sony in the first place. Are you really that vulnerable ? Waiting for Gamestop to open now so I can trade in my PS3 and get an Xbox. This is unacceptable as a consumer.