• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb party room HD remix 2 turbo

Scorned

Now I know how those old members felt coming back to an old MD Party thread a long time ago to say hi. Been too long.

Seth

MD Party Room
Welcome back!

Oseru

Gettin' pretty pro at cringing at all the old shit I used to post. Egh. Is that really how I acted on here?

LocutusEstBorg

I deleted my Facebook account and started using Google Plus full time and it's really amazing. It's got everything: Communities ( Reddit / forum type things), Pages (equivalent to following feeds like Engadget, The Verge etc.), Hangouts (cross platform text / voice chat). It's pretty much become the centre of my online activities. The best part is even people who haven't actively created a profile but have emailed you in Gmail automatically get added to your contacts so you can chat with them on Hangouts.

I also started using IE11 on Windows 8.1 full time and it's just hilarious how laggy and freeze prone Firefox and especially Chrome are. The responsiveness and reliability make me feel like I'm using iPad Safari on my desktop PC.

Seth

MD Party Room
I deleted my Facebook account and started using Google Plus full time and it's really amazing. It's got everything: Communities ( Reddit / forum type things), Pages (equivalent to following feeds like Engadget, The Verge etc.), Hangouts (cross platform text / voice chat). It's pretty much become the centre of my online activities. The best part is even people who haven't actively created a profile but have emailed you in Gmail automatically get added to your contacts so you can chat with them on Hangouts.

I also started using IE11 on Windows 8.1 full time and it's just hilarious how laggy and freeze prone Firefox and especially Chrome are. The responsiveness and reliability make me feel like I'm using iPad Safari on my desktop PC.
Big fan of IE 11 I love it so much.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
IE11 is nice, I still use Chrome though. There's some extensions I can't live without and the dev tools are far better. I actually like Windows 8.1 in general, been using it for about a week or so and it's not a bad OS at all.

Moose

Meta Moose
IE11 is nice, I still use Chrome though. There's some extensions I can't live without and the dev tools are far better. I actually like Windows 8.1 in general, been using it for about a week or so and it's not a bad OS at all.

Worth the pain of upgrading from 7?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Worth the pain of upgrading from 7?

Probably not if it's a hassle. I was due for a reformat anyway. Current upgrade price isn't worth it either, they should have kept it at $30.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
just got my laptop repaired for a faulty dc power jack, tried to do it myself, but coudn't get the solder to come off to remove the old jack. so happy not having to mess with the damn cord to get power anymore.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Went laptop shopping last Sunday and got a nice Sony Vaio with an i5 33337u + GTX 740m combo. Tested at home and found it got about 120fps in CSGO on low settings which was alright. Looked on Sony site and seen it was about £70 cheaper (as well as having 8GB instead of 4GB RAM and a Haswell CPU instead of Ivybridge). Returned the old one and ordered the new one.

That's about the most interesting thing in recent times.

Oh, also, my final year project in uni is based on Go. \:D/

LocutusEstBorg

Probably not if it's a hassle. I was due for a reformat anyway. Current upgrade price isn't worth it either, they should have kept it at $30.
I'm conditioned to feel paying more than $30 for anything is retarded. They could have charged $200 for XP to Vista but everything after that was just optmisation.