• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 USB-Based PSFreedom PS3 Exploit Now Adapted To Palm Pre, Dingoo

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
palmpre4.jpg

Update #2: Another lesser-known portable gaming and multimedia device, known as the Dingoo, has also received the porting treatment courtesy of Wii hacking guru Waninkoko. Grab the exploit files from our download section.

Huzzah! Now the Palm Pre can be used to hack the PS3, too. Developer blake_zero over at PSX-Scene has released an adaptation of KaKaRoTo's USB hub-emulating PSFreedom exploit, which takes advantage of the same heap overflow vulnerability in PSGroove, the initial open-source implementation of PS Jailbreak's jigkick wonder[...]

Continue reading: USB-Based PSFreedom PS3 Exploit Now Adapted To Palm Pre...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
ANDROID!!!

Getting closer....

Mentality

And still no PSP Port, sucks lol, oh well will have to keep on waiting and see what happens, maybe somethink will come round for my Samsung Jet S8000 but I doubt that very much.

skparasite

Blackberries would be cool but my friend has a Palm Pre so that's awesome :D.
I'm almost tempted to buy a PS3 just to try this XD.

Colm

I bet Android -> Blackberry -> iPhone. I'm really, really interested here...

vXAlexanderXv

All of this is good news, knowing the code can easily be ported from one device to another.
But whats the word about it being ported to the PSP? Just to know someone is even working on it would be nice.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
there is already an Android port working for all quadcom MSM72xx processors but it's really half-assed... you lose all decent phone functions in order to use the custom kernel..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
All of this is good news, knowing the code can easily be ported from one device to another.
But whats the word about it being ported to the PSP? Just to know someone is even working on it would be nice.

There's a group of people working on it over at Elotrolado (spanish forum). They are making progress so here's hoping we'll see something soon. I haven't seen any other legitimate attempts on a PSP port.

EDIT: Another port just surfaced for the Dingoo. Original article has been updated. Noticed Darkchild had a hand in beta testing it, pretty neat :)

skparasite

Wow at this rate everything, including the kitchen sink, will be able to hack the PS3. XD
It's soooo ironic. lol

Richlando

I had really hoped it would never happen, but now that it has I support it for the sake of HB and giving Otheros back. CFW would be nice, really lots of things would but I dont care for it in regards to piracy..ie..backups of games I dont own..but dont see much wrong with backing up what I do own. But even then..not sure I would feel ok with doing that.

ilyace

I had really hoped it would never happen, but now that it has I support it for the sake of HB and giving Otheros back. CFW would be nice, really lots of things would but I dont care for it in regards to piracy..ie..backups of games I dont own..but dont see much wrong with backing up what I do own. But even then..not sure I would feel ok with doing that.

I'm going to download so many PS3 games that I don't own and I'm gonna enjoy every single one of them :)

El Diablo

and things well end up exactly like the psp scene=-)

Yes because xbox and DS both aren't plagued with piracy and still great systems with games coming out for them. PSP was just garbage. It wasn't piracies fault the PSP was crap.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Yes because xbox and DS both aren't plagued with piracy and still great systems with games coming out for them. PSP was just garbage. It wasn't piracies fault the PSP was crap.

i was joking, but if you want to get get serious, the point i was making was the ease of piracy on the psp, DS requires a flash card, and the xbox requires either a jtag'd box, or a modified dvd drive(which can lead to an console ban), this however, requires a flash drive(and perhaps at one point, just the controller), making the ease of piracy right up there with the psp, i didn't say it'd fail, i was mostly pointing out how the psp scene has degraded into only being about piracy, and nothing about homebrew anylonger, while the xbox may be the same, the ease of doing it with the xbox is no where on the same level as doing it here.