• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Can someone help me pleas. I have PSP slim with its original firmware 3.71. Is there way to install 3.72 M33-2. Do i have to downgrade it with pandoras battery, but how, and to which firmware, is it 1.50 or what. :sad: Help me

Or should i just insert a Pandora battery and magic memory stick into my PSP slim will it show me a menu in which i can choose to install 3.71 M33-2. Does this work with slim PSP.

Someone with custom firmware on their PSP must convert the battery and install the memory stick files for you, since you're on official 3.71.

When you have the battery and memory stick then you just insert both in the PSP and it will display a menu on the screen in which you can choose to install 3.71 M33-2.

splinta

Hi.

I have roughly went through this postings and trying to understand if a phat PSP with official 3.71 update can be downgraded by this process, but I can't see any sign off that.

Can someone tell me if I can now?

Thanks,
SP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi.

I have roughly went through this postings and trying to understand if a phat PSP with official 3.71 update can be downgraded by this process, but I can't see any sign off that.

Can someone tell me if I can now?

Thanks,
SP

Yes a PSP running official 3.71 can be downgraded by this process.

codgedodger

Member 4 life
how did they even find this exploit in the psp thou the battery of all pleases

jubuls

i bricked my psp just 10mins ago.now when i switch my psp on only the green indicator turns on for like 1min then turns off and lcd does not show back light before that i intalled 3.7m33 and was trying to install a theme when i bricked it will this pandora stuff repair my psp? plus i just now have ravmon in my psp and computer will this process delete psp internal memory and reinstall 3.7 m33 from scratch please reply as sonn as possible

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i bricked my psp just 10mins ago.now when i switch my psp on only the green indicator turns on for like 1min then turns off and lcd does not show back light before that i intalled 3.7m33 and was trying to install a theme when i bricked it will this pandora stuff repair my psp? plus i just now have ravmon in my psp and computer will this process delete psp internal memory and reinstall 3.7 m33 from scratch please reply as sonn as possible

Pandora will fix your PSP, but you will need a working PSP to convert the battery and install memory stick files.

imuya

erm i duno if this sounds 2pid but i've followed till step 10(i tink) whereby the mem stick's clean and i've put the despertar_cementerio folder into PSP/GAME

so i exited and went back to my psp screen, but when i select on the game options, it shows me tat i cant find any game. im sure i did nt skip any previous step at all, any kind soul to help me? thx in advance:smile:

edit: it's alrite, got it solve, thx for the great guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
is it possible to fry your batterie doing this lol

i think i bricked it or something

The guide won't work with Slim batteries. And if your battery isn't listed in the compatibility list there's a good chance converting it to Pandora will render it unusable. Otherwise, everything should work fine.

se4me

Hi guys, Im a noob to the psp scene !
Can I create the Pandora battery on a slim? I know I cant use a slim battery but I have read somewhere that you cant use a psp slim ! this is what it said "Do not use the 'Battery Creator' on a Slim PSP, The Slim PSP doesn't modify the battery EEPROM correctly.
If you 'write' to the battery EEPROM, you will end up corrupting the EEPROM and the Battery will not work anymore."
Thanks for any advice.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi guys, Im a noob to the psp scene !
Can I create the Pandora battery on a slim? I know I cant use a slim battery but I have read somewhere that you cant use a psp slim ! this is what it said "Do not use the 'Battery Creator' on a Slim PSP, The Slim PSP doesn't modify the battery EEPROM correctly.
If you 'write' to the battery EEPROM, you will end up corrupting the EEPROM and the Battery will not work anymore."

Thanks for any advice.

You can use a PSP Slim to convert a regular PSP battery.

se4me

Thanks for the promt reply.
your guide states it will downgrade to 3.71 M33-2 I understand there is an update 3.71 M33-3 would I follow your guide then update to 3.71 M33-3 or how would I go straight to 3.71 M33-3 ?
sorry if this a stupid question ! you know us noobs ;) buying my first psp tomorrow im sure ill get to grips with this after playing around for awhile.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the promt reply.
your guide states it will downgrade to 3.71 M33-2 I understand there is an update 3.71 M33-3 would I follow your guide then update to 3.71 M33-3 or how would I go straight to 3.71 M33-3 ?
sorry if this a stupid question ! you know us noobs ;) buying my first psp tomorrow im sure ill get to grips with this after playing around for awhile.

There's a 3.71 M33-4 update available now.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=4828

The update is cumulative, so you can install it directly from 3.71 M33-2.

VooDooChilly

Hi guys ive followed all the steps but it looks like I have had teh same problem as a few other people in that once it sll done and installed etc I restart my psp and just get a black screen with the power light on. Looking at some of the other posts it seems that formatting flash1 would solve this, however when I hold down R on bootup it doesnt go into recovery mode, How can I get this fixed???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi guys ive followed all the steps but it looks like I have had teh same problem as a few other people in that once it sll done and installed etc I restart my psp and just get a black screen with the power light on. Looking at some of the other posts it seems that formatting flash1 would solve this, however when I hold down R on bootup it doesnt go into recovery mode, How can I get this fixed???

on the magic memory stick, try replacing the registry folder with the one attached here. Then install 3.71 M33-2.