• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

S6A6T6A6N

Sorry for double posting... I was wondering if it was possible to continue using the pandora battery as a regular battery...
It says in the instructions that you have to:
Reboot with a non-pandora battery
What if you converted the only battery you have into pandora...? What happens then? Do I have to buy a new battery in order to reboot it?
Or can I borrow my friend's non-pandora battery to reboot it... and then continue using the pandora battery as my psp power supply?

Thanks for the help XD

Acerthief

Nope, you can convert it both ways.
Just remember before you convert your battery the very first time, backup your battery eeprom. :D

S6A6T6A6N

Nope, you can convert it both ways.
Just remember before you convert your battery the very first time, backup your battery eeprom. :D

So basically after converting to pandora.. you convert back to non-pandora then continue using it?
Is it not possible to just leave pandora as it is... and continue using it as your main battery?

S6A6T6A6N

Oh. I see. Thanks! :laugh:

But x3sphere said:
You can boot up your PSP without a battery inserted by using the AC adapter. Once the PSP is turned on, insert in your battery and then convert it back to normal.

How do you convert it back? Do you just put the battery in and it's done?

Acerthief

Oh. I see. Thanks! :laugh:

How do you convert it back? Do you just put the battery in and it's done?

You'll have to go in the "pandora batt. installer again and you'll see the "convert back" option :)

Clyde18

This sounds like a retard question... but does it mean that it i leave out the "371.PBP" out and only have "150.PBP" and "340.PBP" means that i will be able to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A ?? Likewise if I replace the "371.PBP" with "352.PBP i will end up with a 3.52 M33 ?

Thanks for the enlightenment...

beltran0007

I was install 3.71 M33 using this guide but all came out ok but the thing now when i start my psp slim it freezes and thd icon from xmb dont show any idea what and doing wrong help please

Acerthief

Make sure if have 3.71M33-2 or later versions.

Close the PSP completely, press R to go into the "Recovery Menu", choose "Advance" -> "Format flash1 and reset settings".
You might encounter a BSoD but that doesn't matter ;)

bohica

Need 2.71 or higher?

Ok, I have 2 PSPs, one with cfw 3.71m33-4 and the other OE3.50. I did not downgrade the cfw unit, it was done by someone else and I am a noob and want to do the other one for my experience. Instructions seem very easy, but every time I get to the part of running the despertar_cementerio app, the screen turns black(expected) but then says at the top I need version 2.71 or higher and quits. So doing a little experimenting, it does this with despertar_cementerio in the GAME folder and GAME150 folder, but if I create a GAME371 folder it seems to work; it asks me to hit the crosshairs to start. Now I didn't see that in the instructions so I stopped and thought I would ask first before I screw up my working unit if that's possible.

- So first off, is it correct to run it from GAME371 folder?
- Second, is it correct to hit the crosshairs to start the process?

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, I have 2 PSPs, one with cfw 3.71m33-4 and the other OE3.50. I did not downgrade the cfw unit, it was done by someone else and I am a noob and want to do the other one for my experience. Instructions seem very easy, but every time I get to the part of running the despertar_cementerio app, the screen turns black(expected) but then says at the top I need version 2.71 or higher and quits. So doing a little experimenting, it does this with despertar_cementerio in the GAME folder and GAME150 folder, but if I create a GAME371 folder it seems to work; it asks me to hit the crosshairs to start. Now I didn't see that in the instructions so I stopped and thought I would ask first before I screw up my working unit if that's possible.

- So first off, is it correct to run it from GAME371 folder?
- Second, is it correct to hit the crosshairs to start the process?

Thanks

It doesn't work under the Game folder because you probably set the Game folder to 1.5 kernel in the recovery menu. (which is the same as running it under GAME150).

So running it from GAME371 is fine. And yes press the crosshairs to start. The program can't mess up your PSP in any way, it just writes a few files to your memory stick.

tigger

HELP!!!!!!
when i am trying to execute "Pandora Battery Tool 0.2" i receive a message <the game could not be started(80020148)>
please help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
HELP!!!!!!
when i am trying to execute "Pandora Battery Tool 0.2" i receive a message <the game could not be started(80020148)>
please help

You can't run the Pandora battery creator on 3.80. It requires a PSP running custom firmware.

Syraxius

this is the most professional guide i've ever come across! it's really detailed and elaborate on the steps yet not too wordy at the same time, respects to you :D

frisomel

help me!!!

well..my psp's been bricked..help me pls..i've accidentally deleted all my originial flash0 files (but i've got backup) and overwritten all of them with custom xmb's files..now my psp won't start and even won't go to the recovery menu..help me..i don't know if this is even the right thread to post this..but pls help me..

my previous firmware was 3.71 m33-4..help me pls..is there any hope 4 my psp?..:sad:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
well..my psp's been bricked..help me pls..i've accidentally deleted all my originial flash0 files (but i've got backup) and overwritten all of them with custom xmb's files..now my psp won't start and even won't go to the recovery menu..help me..i don't know if this is even the right thread to post this..but pls help me..

my previous firmware was 3.71 m33-4..help me pls..is there any hope 4 my psp?..:sad:

You need to either already have a pandora's battery/magic memstick made or have a friend with CFW make 'em for ya to recover from a full brick.